1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

NEWHART: The Complete Second Season

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Tom_Tagliente19, May 31, 2011.

1. Tom_Tagliente19

Tom_Tagliente19 Well-Known Member

Has anyone read or heard talk of the release for the second season of NEWHART on DVD? I bought season one a few years ago and have been patiently waiting for the second season. Thanks everyone.

2. BobO'Link

BobO'Link Well-Known Member

Howie
    I emailed Fox a bit over a year ago about this title. The reply was a "It's not on the schedule and there are no plans" type. I've not had the heart to ask again. They abandoned "The Bob Newhart Show" with only 2 seasons left and I doubt they have any interest in continuing "Newhart" either, in spite of it running longer and having better overall ratings. I feel S1 sold poorly as many people really didn't "jump on" the series until the Stephanie years - S2 and on. Kind of like the Markie Post on Night Court scenario.

I'd pick up either series continuation on release day to show support and encourage more.

3. MattHR

MattHR Well-Known Member

Fox seems to have given up on TBNS, as well as two other favorites of mine (The Big Valley and The Fall Guy). Mary Tyler Moore had been on that list, but thankfully it was recently completed. I'm still hoping Shout Factory will pick up where Fox left off on these incomplete classics.

4. MatthewA

MatthewA Well-Known Member

Matthew
    This should have been either a complete series set, had the first two seasons released at once, or released in reverse order. I was hoping Shout! Factory would do the abandoned MTM shows (i.e. everything not starring the company's founder other than Remington Steele) once they did Rhoda, but their Fox releases have stalled. The two Bob Newhart sitcoms are classics that deserve to be released in their entirety.