What's new

Nec Ht1000 (1 Viewer)

Todd_RIC

Stunt Coordinator
Hello everyone,

Do any of you have this projector? If you have or have seen it, I would really like to hear your impressions of the unit. It got a really good review at projector central, but I wanted to hear from some other folks as well. I would really like a DLP unit that had a 16:9 native aspect ratio, but alas, none are to be found except around the $10,000 range. Let me hear from you...

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Also have a look at the $5000 and Up projector forum on www.avsforum.com for the extremely positive reviews of this projector.

I am stunned that Home Theater magazine states that the HT1000 has nearly perfect 6500K grayscale tracking right out of the box!

jimmy~e

Agent
I am considering buying the HT 1000 sight unseen. Another forum similar to this one called "Home Theater Spot" has a group buy plan on the HT 1000 for paid members. If you join for $25, you can get a really, really good deal on the HT 1000. Members are not supposed to reveal the actual group buy price but I can tell you that its a great deal.
There is also a glowing review from an owner of the machine on that site.

Antony_VE

Grip
We looked at quite a number and my friend bought this, its really good, looks the same as being in a cinema, great quality and also very 3d like and handles dark colours well.

Has built in line doubling chip as well..

jimmy~e

Agent
I neglected to mention that there are quite a few reviews of the HT 1000 from people who have purchased the unit at the Projector Central review of the machine, just click on 'user reviews."

BruceW

Auditioning
Does anyone know of a showroom with an NEC HT1000 fp in the Baltimore or Washington, D.C. suburbs?

Thanks.

RANDY FISHER

Second Unit
I spent about a week watching bits of SWEPII on an HT-1000 where I work. It's the hole reason I purchased a DLP projector and not a Z1 or 300U. My X1 is nice (very nice especially considering the price), but not as nice as the color, resolution and black levels of this HT-1000. If I had the extra $$(and ceiling height)I would spring for the HT-1000. At more then 4x the cost though, I just couldn't justify it. Maybe when it's time to upgrade.

Randy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks