What's new

Nash Bridges is in the works! (1 Viewer)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I have the first three season of Nash Bridges and would like to see the remaining 4-6 seasons released. I checked and seen that Nov/09 was when the 3rd season came out, so, i am hoping that this show makes it for the cut in the fall.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i ran somewhere that Don Johnson has won a lawsuit on Nash Bridges. So, i am wondering if this will have an impact on when S4-S6 will be released. I also think now that James Gammon has dies then it could be a good time to tribute that actor with additional seasons of Nash Bridges.

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
I hope we do get the rest of the series on DVD. As for the music replacement, I do hate it when studios practice it but in this case I have to be honest and say I haven't noticed it.

Real Name
Duh.
Nash was a show, to me, where the songs weren't intricate, or part of the "mood". They tried to get it to work like "Miami vice" with the song use, but it just never clicked that way.

Only song I remotely thought worked, was the Sinner man song that opened(?) an episode.

From Season 2 to Season 5 it was pretty much Eddie Jobson's wild percussion and dijereedo based scoring that lead the show musically.

So if they are replaced, as long as the scoring is up to part with the rest of the episode, or if it's another song, at least the song should nto such and work where it's used.

(Season 1 being scored by Elia Cmiral, and the last season being done by Velton Ray Bunch)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The first season of Nash Bridges is getting a Region 2 release in the UK by Fabulous Films, based on a page on their website, stating a release date (subject to change) of Monday 3rd September.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
WaveCrest said:
The first season of Nash Bridges is getting a Region 2 release in the UK by Fabulous Films, based on a page on their website, stating a release date (subject to change) of Monday 3rd September.
I think we may not see any more seasons of Nash Bridges due to licensing issues. I thought i read something about Don Johnson winning a lawsuit with the studio on royalties.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Have asked Fabulous Films about whether the music will be intact in their DVD release of the first season of Nash Bridges, and they said it would be intact.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Fabulous Films' Region 2 release of Nash Bridges: The First Season has a release date of Monday 8th October (source: Amazon UK, HMV.com and Play.com).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Front cover 3D artwork for Nash Bridges: The First Season (source: Amazon UK):

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
TVShowsOnDVD have posted a news article on their website about a complete series DVD set of Nash Bridges from VEI and distributor Phase 4 Films.

After Diagnosis Murder getting finished on DVD by VEI, and now this news about Nash Bridges (although it will be interesting to see if there are any music replacement problems with the last three seasons), it makes me wonder if there's a chance (a slim chance maybe) of VEI completing Early Edition, Hotel and The Love Boat on DVD.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
WaveCrest said:
TVShowsOnDVD have posted a news article on their website about a complete series DVD set of Nash Bridges from VEI and distributor Phase 4 Films.

After Diagnosis Murder getting finished on DVD by VEI, and now this news about Nash Bridges (although it will be interesting to see if there are any music replacement problems with the last three seasons), it makes me wonder if there's a chance (a slim chance maybe) of VEI completing Early Edition, Hotel and The Love Boat on DVD.
Since they seem to pull from CBS's crime dramas, I was thinking more along the lines of Cannon, Barnaby Jones, or Jake and the Fatman.

Early Edition would be nice, though.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Yes, this is great for fans of the show, but I much rather see VEI go back to the 70s (McCloud, Cannon, Barnaby Jones).

bronson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adrian
The Obsolete Man said:
Since they seem to pull from CBS's crime dramas, I was thinking more along the lines of Cannon, Barnaby Jones, or Jake and the Fatman.

and "Matt Houston".

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
JoeDoakes said:
Yes, this is great for fans of the show, but I much rather see VEI go back to the 70s (McCloud, Cannon, Barnaby Jones).
You read my mind!

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Oh, yes. If VEI can do Mod Squad complete, I hope they can do the same for Barnaby Jones (and Cannon) too. How about a '70s revival, think it's time for studios/companies to revisit this decade in this case the CBS shows would like to see Bill Bixby's The Magician there too.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The Obsolete Man said:

Genuinely forgot about Barnaby Jones. If it was just CBS crime dramas, then I'd most like VEI to release the remainder of Barnaby Jones on DVD.If it's the same as with Diagnosis Murder, then hopefully the last three seasons will get separate season set releases.Like with the Father Dowling Mysteries and Quincy, M.E., it seems like Nash Bridges has been abandoned on DVD in the UK.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Nash Bridges frustrates me as I purchased S1-S3 as such now I am forced to double dip for the complete series next year. The website that posted the set information try to spin as well the remaining seasons would be like $15/season! Yet I paid close to $90 for first three seasons, so where is the justice!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks