What's new

Music videos on movie disks (1 Viewer)

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I was hoping someone out there knows where there is a list of the music videos that are extras in movies.

There was one tucked away in the Godzilla (US) extras, and Sixpence did 'Kiss Me' for She's All That'.

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody has ever put a list together. It should be out there somewhere, but I can't find it!

Glenn

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Boy, that'd be a tough list to compile. You'd have to work it like an Easter Egg site where readers send in all the ones they find. There are a lot of them out there, and sometimes they're tough to classify. For example, Disney direct-to-video DVDs often include "music videos" that consist of little more than a song over some action from the movie.

Most of the time the videos on movie DVDs are weak, but some fun ones appear. Purple Rain packs EIGHT of them, though I really don't think most of them qualify as true music videos; they're either live clips or bits adapted from the movie. (BTW, has there ever been a worse singer than Apollonia? Yikes!)

13 Going on 30 tosses in vintage clips of Rick Springfield and Pat Benatar. (Their inclusion makes sense when you see the movie.)

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Oh well, I tried. Thanks though.

The reason I asked was because there could be a song that I really like on a movie DVD that I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy it, and knowing that, it could tip the scales enough so that I'd buy it.

Glenn

becca-pa

Auditioning
Real Name
Rebecca
Sorry to resurrect this old thread...

Glenn I wondered the very same thing.

In the movie Practical Magic, There is a song by Harry Belafonta, Lime in da Coconut.

Its was altered for the movie but not by much, I think it is allot better than the version I downloaded from Itunes.

I have a few rips when there made to be ripped from the DVD and I slapped on the old Ipod.

I wish there was a list out there.

~Rebecca.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks