What's new

MP3 & phone app deals/freebies (Amazon/Starbucks/etc.) (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Catching up on the Starbucks freebies:

LAST week's was FlightTracker Pro (reg. $9.99!) that has real-time flight info (and some pretty amazing reviews).
This week's is the game Hundreds...reg $4.99. I'll be downloading that one and trying it out later today.
Last week's freebie on the Starbucks App was a funny time-waster called Whirly Word, a "create a word" puzzle.
flighttracker pro.jpeg

hundreds.jpeg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
EricSchulz said:
With two bonus tracks, just for Mike Frezon! Just $6.99 this week.

Amazon.com: That's It (Amazon Version): Preservation Hall Jazz Band: MP3 Downloads
:laugh: The thing is, I have picked up the last couple Preservation Hall CDs, too! I liked what they did with their last release. They put out a "standard" CD and a "deluxe" CD (with some extra tracks...but it was available anywhere. I might order the Amazon CD (also has the two exclusive tracks) once I've had a chance to sample the tracks. (I do hate to support this nonsense, but...)

Mumford and Sons did that with their release of Babel, too. But every time I look in a store, it seems as if there are two or three or four different versions of Babel available! :biggrin:

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I may have to pick up that Preservation Hall Jazz Band album. I'd like to have it on CD, but will probably stick with the MP3.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
This week's free app from Starbucks is Cyto...another in a long line of visually stunning, aurally pleasing games that I can't figure out but my ten year old nephew will master in a day or two!

cyto.jpeg

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Some fun free apps from Starbucks this week: if you have the iPhone Starbucks app, you can download "Weber's On The Grill" summer cooking app for free. And the stores have a GREAT photo app this week: Fast Camera, which allows you to take up to 800 pics a minute! Don't miss those fireworks/sports shots/action ANYTHING!

Fast Camera.jpeg

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
My public library subscribes to Freegal, so I can actually get The Civil Wars for 'free' (albeit only incrementally because of the weekly download limit).

The company doesn't have much of a web presence, but here's an interesting criticism of the service: http://librarianinblack.net/librarianinblack/2011/04/just-say-no-to-freegal.html

I see her points, but as a user I've been fine with the limitation.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
The freebie on the Starbucks iPhone app this week is "Dust To Dust" from the new Civil Wars CD. I'll post the Pick of the Week tomorrow, as I spent the day at the WI State Fair.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks