1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

More Ebay game account fun - Socom 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Scott L, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Scott L

Scott L Well-Known Member

Looks like the #1 ranked player in North America is selling his account. Search for Item #3080811953 on Ebay.

Funny thing is once the winner gets his account he/she automatically becomes leader of his clan. [​IMG]

2. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Well-Known Member

3. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Well-Known Member

Something tells me that this guy will never see his money-2000 is just way too much to be a serious auction. I could MAYBE see someone spending 100 bucks on an ID if they're desperate for a quick fix, but even that's stretching it.

4. Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher Well-Known Member

I believe it's legit. When EverQuest selling first started, the highest-end accounts regularly went for over $2k.

5. Dean Martin

Dean Martin Well-Known Member

I'm confused. This post would tell people that this person is no longer the 'same' person right? I'm sure word would get out. Not only that, if the person does not keep the stats up or the next person is not a quality player, wouldn't the stats begin to drop? I don't get it.
    At least wih Everquest, there was more to the character than just win/loss stats.

6. Scott L

Scott L Well-Known Member

Yea but I thought this was *just* SOCOM, why would anyone need to be ranked #1? In Everquest buying a well built up character was beneficial because you could use their skills and weapons. Is this just for bragging rights?

7. Tony_L

Tony_L Member

I'd be ashamed if being good at a videogame were my claim to fame, even more so if it's because I shelled out $2k for it.

8. Jeff Holton

Jeff Holton Well-Known Member

This can't be real... it's up to $12,000 now...

9. BrianB

BrianB Well-Known Member

Of course it's not real at this point - you honestly think those bids from 0,1 & 2 feedback users are valid??

10. Dean Martin

Dean Martin Well-Known Member

Maybe it's someone who looked at the stats and decided to spoof this individual?