What's new

Mits 55" Intial adjustments (1 Viewer)

Rod D

Grip
Just received our new Mits WS-55411 last night. Turned the color wayyyyyyyyy down just from initial viewing. Also did the 64 point manual convergence (really cleared up the picture). What other adjustments (contrast) should I do while a waiting calibration disc. Hooked up all the new gear with Denon AVR 1803, Denon DVD 1600 and Boston Acoustics all the way around. Awesome sound and picture what an experience. Who needs a theater?. Thanks to all the great posts and information I have had a chance to view over the last six or eight months. Know just enough to be dangerous at this point, looking forward to tweaking the system to within an inch of it's life.

Thanks
Rod

Trenton McNeil

Second Unit
Get contrast down to 40% or lower immediately. Be sure to do this on ALL inputs, cause each one keeps its own settings.

You should also get some -3db attenuators for the red cable. I have a couple extra I can sell you really really cheap (like just for the cost of shipping plus a buck or two). This will take down the red push on your component inputs, just hook it up to the red component cable. You'll need adapters from Radio Shack (they may also have a -3db attenuator so you could get it all in one shot). Trust me on this....after taking down the red push, you can bring the color setting back up and bring out the nice blue colors in your dvd's without the red blooming all over the place.

If you can afford it, get a true ISF calibration, but there are some basic things to do right off the bat.

I have the 55411 and I absolutely love it with DVD or HDTV sources. I eventually got used to it with Satellite. :)

Rod D

Grip
Trenton,
We have several radio shacks around here, so I'll just visit one for the attenuator and adapter. Do I just ask for -3Db attenuator and RCA adapter? This is why I ask, when I was looking for a soundmeter at the nearest RS the salesman tried for 5 minutes to put AA batteries in the 9v battery slot. RS is a nice place to get things, but you better know what you want when you go in there and don't expect any help from the sales people on electronic stuff.

Thanks
Rod

Tyler DJW

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tyler
I just purchased a Mitsubishi 48-511 and was wondering the same thing. Is it just a -3dB attenuator that I need. I understand the Mits has quite a red-push. No ISF in my immediate budget, so I'd like to know what inexpensive tweaks I can do myself until then.

Rod D

Grip
Found CONTRAST set from factory at 100%. Seems a little high, reduced it to 40% and a waiting AVIA cal disc for further adjustments.
Thanks
Rod

Trenton McNeil

Second Unit
Email me at [email protected] and I'll try to send you the part number(s) from rat shack you will need, along with a couple -3db attenuators (I did not get the attenuator from RS... I'll also post a couple digital photos of the setup when I get home (if you email me...otherwise I am liable to forget).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks