What's new

MIB 2 question (1 Viewer)

John Tillman

Supporting Actor
So what happened to Linda Fiorentino for the sequel?

This girl with a great voice seems to have a great vanishing act.

Eric Thrall

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe they just didn't want her around - I listened to the commentary track on Dogma, and while Kevin Smith complemented her work, he must have mentioned at least 3 or 4 times that she was terrible to work with.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I was surprised that she isn't around this time as well. When the subject of a sequel was first seriously discussed last year she joked that she'd probably be the only one of the original trio to return - because Will Smith's and Tommy Lee Jones's asking price had gone up so much on the strength of MiB and other films.

It may be that there wasn't enough money left in the budget after hiring the other two to include the lovely Linda as well. Or maybe it was a scheduling problem. It must have been tough enough to find a slot when Will Smith, Tommy Lee Jones and Barry Sonnenfeld were all available, adding Fiorentino to the mix may have been too much. (Remember how much of a problem scheduling has been for Indy 4 given all the other commitments of Connery, Speilberg and Ford.)

Regards,

Joe

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
The way I see it, I'm glad she's gone. If this film was to have ANY hope of success, it would need to bring back Tommy Lee Jones, and it's a 2 man act. Looking forward to this one.

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
I think it was too much stress for her to do a whole movie with her clothes on and she couldn't bear it again.
:D

StephenA

Screenwriter
I wonder if they'll explain what happened to her character. Maybe she went on a different mission or something while Will Smith's character is assigned to bring back Tommy Lee Jones' character. Doesn't look like her character will be that important to the plot anyways, so maybe that's why they didn't re-cast her.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks