What's new

Martha Marcy May Marlene (2011) (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
One of the new films out this year which stands out is Martha Marcy May Marlene (2011), about a young woman who struggles to adjust to life after escaping from a cult. It's being shown shown at various film festivals this year and started a limited theatrical release in the US on 21st October (source: IMDb release dates page).

Haven't seen Winter's Bone yet, but have seen John Hawkes (who is in the cast) in the X Files episode Milagro.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Is Martha Marcy May Marlene only on a limited release in US cinemas?

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Shame really, because what I've been reading with regards to reviews and magazine articles, it's mostly positive.

That's a heck of difference in number of cinema screens.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Martha Marcy May Marlene is being released on UK DVD and Blu-ray on Monday 28th May (source: Amazon UK). Front cover 3D artwork for the Blu-ray release is below (source: Play.com):

80c166e2_20933471_500x500_2.jpeg

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Finally checked out this film, not bad. I tend to agree about the ending, a lifetime of paranoia ahead for our protagonist...

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Caught this a few weeks ago (on disc). Not bad, but it didn't blow me away. I was kinda OK with the ending -- not generally a fan of that sort of thing, but it was alright here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks