What's new

Managing iPhone 6+ Home Page (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
How do you guys do it? I've let my home screens get cluttered and disorganized. In the past I've used iTunes. It seems easier than doing it on the phone. Yesterday I tried to do it with iTunes and got quickly discouraged. It just did not seem intuitive at all.

My iTunes is version is 12.3.32.35 and I use a trackpad on an iMac using Yosemite 10.10.5.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Johnny,

If I am figuring your situation out correctly....

Simply press down on an app that's on one of your screen until everything goes into "wiggle" mode.

Then drag like apps into each other, which in turn, creates a folder that you can title.

That's the best way I know to organize your screens.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Ronald Epstein said:
Johnny,

If I am figuring your situation out correctly....

Simply press down on an app that's on one of your screen until everything goes into "wiggle" mode.

Then drag like apps into each other, which in turn, creates a folder that you can title.

That's the best way I know to organize your screens.

Ok, that's two votes for doing it directly on the phone. The reason I used to do it in iTunes is because when I wanted to move an app or folder to another page, it seemed easier to do in iTunes. That no longer seems true. I did know about the wiggle mode. I was kinda hoping there was someone who has discovered the secret to using iTunes for this.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
No way that its easier to do in iTunes. Why involve a middle-man as far as syncing is involved when you can just do it with your fingers.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I've just started to do it on the phone. It's easier than I remember and doing it on iTunes is harder than I remember. :)

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I'm having another problem organizing my 6+ screen. I get into wiggles mode and try to drag a group icon to another page. At best it's tricky to do, but now I'm finding more than one group that refuses to go to another screen. And there is room on the screen for it.

Anyone else have this issue?

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Never mind. I tried a little harder. The trick is to hold the icon on the edge of the screen and then it will move to the next screen.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I have found a lot of protective cases like the Otterbox Defender and the Lifeproof cases make moving app icons an exercise in patience. One of the reasons I love my Spigen Neo case is that the edges of the screen are not covered, making it easy to move apps.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I have found a lot of protective cases like the Otterbox Defender and the Lifeproof cases make moving app icons an exercise in patience. One of the reasons I love my Spigen Neo case is that the edges of the screen are not covered, making it easy to move apps.
My problem was not caused by a case. It was caused by my lack of understanding how to move from page to page. I googled the problem and learned how to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks