What's new

M*A*S*H is out early? (1 Viewer)

Casey Neutron

Stunt Coordinator
Picked up the 5 Star Collection edition of M*A*S*H at ******* today. I was surprised to see it there since the release date is 1/8. ******* also had the tv series on the shelf. Didn't see this stuff at Best Buy or Circuit City. Did ******* jump the gun or did Fox up the release date?

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I would assume they broke date since you haven't yet heard of a newer release date. If you wouldn't mind editing the store name out of your posts, that'd be great. We're not supposed to discuss openly here the stores that broke the date.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I think that it shipped quite early to retailers, because I got my copy before Christmas. Spectacular disc BTW-worth the wait.

Coressel

Supporting Actor
Chris, tell us more!

I'm more excited about M*A*S*H coming to DVD that just about anything.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Well, the film itself looks better than I've ever seen it, but given that that's only been on VHS that's not saying much. Also first time I've seen it in widescreen, so a big difference. As for supplements, there is some repetition between the segments, and most of them look like they were produced for TV, but all of them seem to fit. Some interesting trivia in the documentaries, and I'm looking forward to listening to the commentary at some point, but all in all a great disc.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That's odd, I saw both M*A*S*H the movie and M*A*S*H the 1st season (TV) at one of my local B&Ms today, too. Didn't realize they were ahead of their time. Won't say where it was.....but its not usually a popular place among posters at this board! ;)
And let me add that I was surprised to see the Willie Wonka WS sitting comfortably alongside the PS!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks