1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Lost Season 2 sound problems?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Bill Robertson, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Bill Robertson

Bill Robertson Well-Known Member

Apologies if someone has posted this already but I couldn't find any threads when I searched earlier.

I bought my wife the Lost Season 1 & 2 box set for Christmas. Season 1 was fine and we recently started working our way through season 2. However, I've notced that on several episodes the sound for the first 30 seconds or so is gone (right where you'd expect to hear "previously on Lost...") then the sound cuts back in. This is the R2 version.

Is this a known problem or just a glitch in my set?

Over to you folks...

2. TravisR

TravisR Well-Known Member

It's not that way in the R1 version.

You could try posting this in the Regional DVD Area too. Good luck!

3. Eric James

Eric James Active Member

This happens on my R1 set as well.

4. Darren Gross

Darren Gross Well-Known Member

Not sure if it applies in these cases, but the loss of the first few seconds of audio is a problem with the Oppo player that hasn't been corrected yet.

The only way to avoid it is hitting stop just as the menu transitions to the episode. Then hit play and it starts fine.

Perhaps this is also a problem with other players.

5. Scott_F_S

Scott_F_S Well-Known Member

I just finished a four-day run through the R1 set, and I never noticed this at all.

6. Bill Robertson

Bill Robertson Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback - sounds like an issue with my Philips dvd player rather than a problem with the disc. I will give the solutions listed a try and see what happens. Its not a major hassle to tell the truth - more annoying than anything else.

7. Firebee

Firebee Well-Known Member

I didn't notice any sound issues when I watched this set late last year, before Season 3 began...of course, I'm moderately to severely deaf in both ears...and I use a Sony PS2 as my DVD player. Not exactly the fanciest DVD player out there...but it works just fine for all of my DVDs that I've tried playing thus far! [​IMG]