What's new

looking for a tv to hang above fake fireplace (1 Viewer)

Patrick Z

Agent
i was going to buy the infocus 61" because of how shallow it is.

and then i decided to cut out the fireplace and buy a crt rptv

and now i have decided to buy something to hang on the wall again.

what should i look at . appx size 42" or so

the dvd player is oppo.

direct tv box

and i would like picture in picture if possible.

is there a best wall mount tv for the money thread on here already ?

if so, can i have the link.

i want the most for the least amount of cash.

costco brands are fine.

just want best value.

thanks

kurtZoom

Stunt Coordinator
Patrick
I purchased a 42" Phillips 42pf7220 plasma from Costco for above the fireplace in my hearth room. I liked the plasma technology because it had such a wide horizontal and vertical viewing area. Hanging it on the wall also meant I could tilt it down to the sitting area. The price was right and the picture quality is awesome....however, some are having technical issues refered to as black screen (BS). Mine does it occasionally but isn't that bad. Like many, I feel the picture quality and features (HD, 2xHDMI, USB) for the price over weighs the inconvenience. AVS forum has an extensive thread on the tv. Buying from Costco also provides the liberal return policy if it gets worst. Good luck

Patrick Z

Agent
can i have a link to the avs forum thread addressing the tv ?

i spent an hour there last night and found nothing but posts telling how you can't post pricing.

when that is usually the most important part of a tv purchase.

the deal you receive.

how about this model ?..not sure why the thread won't post the whole address though

http://www.outlet.philips.com

42 in Pixel Plus Plasma Flat HDTV
42PF7220A/37B
Experience the superior picture quality of this excellent Flat TV with the latest PDP technology and Pixel Plus. It's packed into a stunning design that will complement your interior. Share music and photos via the built-in USB.

Availability: In Stock
Online Price: $1,449.99

Free Shipping
on this item

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
I like the omnimount mounts. www.omnimount.com. Circuit City has an ebay arm called Trading Circuit that sells ripped box items on ebay, plus there are some sellers from Canada. I got a brand new $300 mount for $50 on ebay, plus $25 to ship it from Canada.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Depends what you want the mount to do. Look on that omnimount site. They are grouped by screen size. There is also a chart to see what fits various makes and models of screen, with and without adapters. You should check the philips site and manual to see whether the tv is VESA compliant, and if it is, what size. VESA is a standardized mounting parameter that dictates where the mount will attach to the panel.

kurtZoom

Stunt Coordinator
sorry Patrick I was gone most of the weekend.
here is the avs link on the Phillips 42pf7220
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&page=29&pp=30

for the wall mount...I purchased a Peerless unit from Costco...$99
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...rodid=11070514
If the link doesn't work...it is the one on the same page as the TV. It tilts which is nice if you are mounting it up high like above your fireplace. It is also to be able to tilt it back to hook up cables.

On the back of the Phillips there are two sets of mounting points. The outer ones are nice and beefy but don't fit most wall mounts. The inner ones are for the table top stand and are smaller. I contacted Peerless initially because they had the mount listed as working with the TV and they suggested using the inner mounting holes. I then contacted Phillips and they confirmed that the inner mounting holes were sufficient and that they actually mounted the same TV there in there tech room the same way. I used them and didn't look back works fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.