What's new

Line of Fire - New Episodes? (1 Viewer)

PeteyG

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know if ABC has decided to order new episodes? It seems like last night was the last episode of the original 9 that were created (with the promos for NYPD Blue coming back next week). According to the abc.com it says the next episode has "not been scheduled at this time."

I think this show has been pretty solid and would love to see them pick it up for the remainder of the season.

Any word?

Pete

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I'm going to be mad if Line Of Fire gets cancelled I love this show it rocks. I'm hoping for DVDs soon.

I've been lucky only one of my favourite shows from 2003 got canceled everything else was picked up for a whole season.

Rob T

Screenwriter
The Global network up here that aired it said that last nights episode was the season finale so if it gets picked up for more episodes, they probably won't start airing them till september.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Season finale? 9 episodes? With that ending? I don't think this show is doing well - up until this thread I think Patrick Sun was the only person who posted about it.

I'm really enjoying it, too. Last night's ep about Malloy taking the owner down was cool. I'm guessing they switched the card when he took a 5 minute break. But what if he hadn't? And Stevens' storyline was interesting as well.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I have no doubt that the entire hand that was played was "rigged", and the extra King of clubs was already dealt to Malloy's guy who set up the baseball guy. The guy who was dealt a King of club face up and then folded was used to make the baseball guy super confident to make the call on the bet.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
If LOF is over, it is a huge mistake. NYPD is very long in the tooth and LOF added a fresh take on the bad guy, good guy series. The last episode was however a poor swan song and was not the best show to judge the short series by. Bad move by ABC, but I guess ratings are what matters.

As to NYPD - I think I could script and film each episode in my mind before they air - they have pushed the "Andy angst/ two crimes a show/somebody dating Andy's partner" thing to death.

F/X's "The Shield" has it right with the cop drama, and is where NYPD should be.

Kenshiro

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ken
Line of Fire is a good ensemble drama. Although the syndicate and Roy's storylines are much more interesting than the other side's.

I've watched all nine episodes up to this point, I hope it gets renewed for next season.

Anyone know how it did ratings wise?

If this is the last season of NYPD Blue, Line of Fire would be a great replacement for it next fall.

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
Here's another enthusiastic vote for Line of Fire.
It can't return with new episodes soon enough.

"...and the baseball. I'll take the Babe Ruth ball."
[or something to that effect]

What a great mob leader! He's so matter-of-fact nasty, I love him!

Brian_FSullivan

Stunt Coordinator

Just an FYI, there were four more episodes of "Line of Fire" shot beyond the nine that aired - "Born to Run," "Family Affair," "This Land Is Your Land" and "Eminence Front."

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I hope ABC airs the final four episodes this summer (maybe something to watch new instead of just reruns from ABC against the Summer Olympics).

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I second that bring back Line of Fire. I want to see the rest ofd the first season, a second season and DVDs

Don Black

Screenwriter
Well the actor who plays the crime boss had a guest role on "Century City" and that isn't really a great sign...

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
It's pretty meaningless - that was the pilot, which was probably shot at about the same time as the Line Of Fire pilot. And, it was a guest appearance.

Now, if you see that Leslies Bibb and Hope or David Paymer has signed on as part of the cast of a pilot now (like The Handler's Joe Pantoliano has), that would be a bad sign.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
According to Zap2it, ABC will bring back 2 of the 4 remaining episodes for a 2-hour movie on May 30th.

Stacy Huff

Second Unit
Damn! Another one bites the dust. So, uh...what does ABC have? Maybe they can stretch "I'm With Her" into an hour. Man, it seems that good programs simply have no place on the networks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks