1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

LCD or Tube?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Lance.G, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Lance.G

Lance.G Extra

I'm looking at getting a new TV. My budget is arround $1000. I was wondering if there was a big differance between LCD and Tube HDTV's? I dont want a bigscreen projection tv because everyone I know that has one has had probelms with it. I know the LCD weighs less but would the tube picture be better?

Thanks.

2. Charlie Campisi

Charlie Campisi Screenwriter

Welcome to the forum. Do a little reading in this forum and you'll see a lot of threads comparing the various display technologies -- plasma, lcd, dlp, crt, etc. They ALL have tradeoffs. Your question is really too broad to be answered definitively without more information. Not to mention, different brands and models will give you different results. I also disagree that RPs are unreliable, but if you don't want one, that's ok.

But generally, crts will have a better picture than lcds. They will also be bigger, heavier and subject to burn in. If any one of those factors is a deal breaker or a must have, you have your answer.[​IMG]

3. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

PQ and value=CRT

Unless you want the form factor of the LCD...