What's new

Last Comic Standing 3 (1 Viewer)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
That has to be a joke right? I mean, it has to be. What studio in their right mind would cancel a reality show with only the finale left?

thumbsdown.gif
thumbsdown.gif

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
That is unbelievable!

(I had no idea LCS 3 was doing that badly in the ratings; last week, it finished last among NBC shows.)

~T

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I can't believe this. I also had no idea the ratings have been that bad. But Gregg brings up a good point:

quote:Does this mean they won't have to pay the would-be winner the 250 grand? If so, what a cheap move, NBC.

From what I understand about "traditional" game shows (i.e. Jeopardy!, Price is Right, Wheel of Fortune, etc.) the contestant does not get any of their cash/prizes they won until after the show airs. I don't know if it's the same with "reality" game shows (but I assume it would be). If it is the same, then whoever received the most votes (i.e. the "winner") may NOT receive the 250K if NBC decides not to air the final episode.

Then again, it could be possible that just NBC isn't airing the finale but that Comedy Central still plans on airing it in the Saturday night time slot they've been airing the show all season. Although Jay probably would've mentioned that if it was the case.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Here's another article. The winner will be announced during the cartoon reruns:

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|91084|1|,00.html

I seriously doubt they'd try to avoid paying the winner. Lawsuit city, and bad publicity.

Anyway, this shows why people are abadoning network TV in droves. NBC rush orders season 3, then just a few weeks later is dropping it? Give me a break. If this were season 1 & the ratings were dismal, I could understand it. Maybe if they had held season 3 until winter or spring, rather than right on the end of season 2, it would have done better. Maybe some viewers are tired of seeing the same comics that were on all summer.

I hope the new fat loss reality show gets 1/4 the ratings Last Comic did, just to spite NBC. Although from the promos it seems like a good premise for a show, if it inspires some people to improve their lives.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
UnF@#$%ngbelievable that they would do that in the final episode. I will not watch Father of the pride to see the winner because that Dum Bass show isnt worth watching. I will check these boards or another internet source. I have an idea for NBC and LCS......Let the damn comics have 20 minute sets instead of trying to get the audience in 2 minutes.
furious.gif
NBC
thumbsdown.gif

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm, I wonder if this was planned so they can claim "due to popular demand"?

I still hope the fat loss show tanks in the ratings (even though I'll watch). I'm bitter that way.
biggrin.gif

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
You'll notice that the link to the thread I posted has been deleted. Jay Mohr said on his site that now it looks like the finale will be on Comedy Central.

~T

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I didn't see anything about it on Father of the Pride. On IMDB they mention that it will air Saturday, Oct. 16 at 8:00 p.m and repeat the next day at 11:00 a.m.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
The possibility that Thi pointed out is now confirmed -- the finale is scheduled to air at 8 p.m. ET Saturday (Oct. 16) on Comedy Central.

For Honeymooners fans, remember that this is the same time as TVLand's broadcast of the newly-rediscovered "Love Letter" episode. Haven't checked schedules yet, but I have no doubt that, if they remain true to form, TVLand will run this one again...and again...and again...and...

Anyway, here's the item with details about the LCS finale:

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|91183|1|,00.html

(Due to the vertical bar characters, you'll probably have to cut&paste the URL to read the original item.)

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
I turned to see who won - and it was announced on Father of the Pride that the winner of last comic standing can be seen on the NBC.COM website. I logged in, and the winner was:

Spoiler:Alonzo Boldon

Bryan_O

Agent
I was too lazy to search it out, but I heard on Opie and Anthony today that Gary Gulman and Jay Mohr had some kind of knock-down drag-out fight. I don't have the details, but apparently, Gulman was piss at Jay Mohr for picking on him... Looks like maybe the comic can't take a joke (allegedly)

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
I don't want to betray any confidences, but I spoke to a comic who was eliminated from LCS who's known Gary for years on the comic scene. He said that Jay made a comment about how it doesn't hurt that women find Gary attractive and that his agent is a producer on the show. Not necessarily a put-down but Gary took it too hard and put Jay in a headlock.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Finale Show

Interesting.

I've never liked Rich Voss. Still, last week, he started to win me over. Then with the pressure of the show off him, I liked his act even better on the finale. I'm surprised I could go from actively disliking him to liking him.

John Heffron was humorous as usual, but relatively scattered since he couldn't be voted off.

Dave Mordal was cute, especially the dollar bill machine bit.

Alonzo used some old material (useless girl friends/atm card).

3rd runner up - Rich Voss
2nd runner up - John Heffron
1st runner up - Dave Mordal
Last Comic Standing - Alonzo Boden

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks