What's new

Last Comic Standing 3 (2 Viewers)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I hadn't found Glass to be funny at all, but last night he had me laughing a bit.

~T

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Todd was funny, espcially in the house last season. Who can forget "The Annoying Song"? :laugh:

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
That was great last week when season two held hands in the war room and sang it.
Speaking of Todd, his "pep talk" last night was great.
I liked Gary during the season but his past two acts just haven't done much for me.
Vos was amazing last night.
Please tell me this is Tammy's last show. What with her swirling hand motions for every joke?
Tess needs to go too. She probaly would've been eliminated last week if Corey (from Season 1) hadn't had such a bad set. Too bad since I liked Corey last season.
Alonzo was Alonzo last night. The man cannot be unfunny and he's always got new material.
Jay works better when he takes less time between jokes. Some of his jokes are really good (like the impotency law suit) he just needs to get to more of them.
Rob was decent but he spent too much time on the street plants bit.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else remember Alonzo from Star Search? (Is that show coming back? Hit me with the info.)

The format of this season seems like a "fairer" way to determine who the audience thinks is funnier.

Didn't see Dat's set, but if he did the same jokes from the previous season, that was dumb. Shouldn't he be too big a star now to come back? :D It doesn't say much for the show as a launching pad if 19 of 20 comics were available.

"I used to do movies."- Jay

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I didn't think anyone was that funny last night.

Tammy was horrible with that "What the hell is wrong with you" shtick.

I agree that Gary has been disappointing so far compared to season 2.

The funniest thing on the show was Todd's pep talk.

Chris, Dat reused one joke from season 1, in which he told it more than once. It was the one about people spitting out random "Asian" words to him.

I think it's possible that season 2 will win all the rounds until the last two or three.

~T

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Rich Vos killed. Has anyone here ever seen him live? I'm considering seeing him the next time he's in town at the Improv if he's even half as good as he is on the show, which I'm sure he is.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member

I agree on that. More jokes and less shtick. Although that impotency joke isn't his. I've heard that joke a long time ago. Infact I think Colin Mockery on Whose Line has used it before as well.

I think it is painfully obvious now who are the 'professional' and deserving comics and who are the posers with a few minutes of material. Now if we can just widdle it down to these 5 or so comics the show will be pretty good.

Tom Keels

Stunt Coordinator

No, the only joke he told that wasn't on season 1 was the Kerry swiftboat one. The joke about the old man who thought he was mexican and called him "poncho" was told ad nauseum in the first season, as were the rest of his "jokes".

I thought Ralphie and Rich killed. I still like Gary. He has good clean material which is rare in this day and age.

Tammy needs to go now. As does Tess. Rich was smart to get in this group as he is very safe. I hope Tammy goes from season 2.

Jay London is just plain funny to me. Don't know what it is about him, but I start laughing the minute I see him.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
The first few jokes did sound a bit familiar, but I attributed it to Dat just using his racial humor.

~T

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I think Geoff and Ant will be gone next week.

The guy who had cancer gave his best performance by far.

Dat and John were the funniest. When Dat started off talking about how he has a white girlfriend, I thought he would be telling the joke of her dad being a Vietnam vet.

~T

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I couldn't believe it...Dat actually had new material tonight and it made me laugh. Only took a couple dozen sets over the course of a year.

You could give Ant the best material in the world and he still wouldn't be able to make it funny. The man has zero comedic timing.

I agree that it will probably be Ant and Geoff gone next week. Everyone else was pretty good.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I think season 1 will finally win $50K. Everyone from S1 killed (except for Sean, who was just eh). But other than Jim (who killed yet again), S2 just didn't bring the funny. Ant was recycled and so far off his game that I was tempted to FF my Tivo. Kathleen was, as always, low energy (which is not a good thing in this type of arena) and Todd was, as always, an unfocused mess.

Just want to add, Geoff Brown was totally f*cking hysterical, but he and Sean will be the bottom two. Ant and Kathleen are the other bottom two.

I predict Ant and Sean will be off the show.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Call me racist, but I found Ralphie's set tonight to be extremely hilarious!! :laugh:

I truly applaud him for having the guts to get up there and say what he did! Now I can't wait for the backlash! ;)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I thought tonight was pretty bad.

The first half of John's act was old, and I think so was the second half. Anyway, I didn't find him to be funny at all.

When Dat started off making fun of Jay Mohr's name, I was expecting to hear new material, but that wasn't so.

Dave was okay. I had heard the rape material before, but I give him credit for not reusing anything he did on LCS.

Ralphie's act sounded too familiar to me. A little of it was very funny.

Jay was his usual self.

I think Ralphie and John will survive.

~T

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Ralphie Mae is trying too hard to be the controversial one. The "___-American" material has been done to death, and smacking the mic is just obnoxious, not cool. He should worry more about being funny, not hardcore.

Did anyone catch Bonnie McFarlane on Howard Stern this morning? I missed it- wonder if she explained why she didn't come back.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
I missed it last night but from what I've read ANT was eliminated (YES) as was Sean and two comics from last night are getting eliminated.

Mike Brogan

Second Unit
I hope Ralphie Mae goes next, his material is like comedy cancer to me. The set he did the other night made me cringe, not because it was "edgy" but because it was terrible and obvious. And couldn't Jay Mohr find some better comedians to guest star...Carrot Top and Louie Anderson is the best he could do? Gallagher can't be too far off.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Man, I hate that kind of lazy racist humor that passes itself off as "Politically Incorrect". If you're going to riff on the topic of race, have some sort of insight or point. There's a huge difference between Sarah Silverman saying, "I love chinks", which, in context, twists your expectation of how she uses the word and how she uses racial epithets and stereotypes in creative ways versus saying "All Latinos are Mexicans" without any sort of real punchline or point. It was just dumb and mean-spirited.

Also, I can't stand his screeching voice and pseudo-gansta mannerisms. And the most pathetic moment in the season occurred when he invoked his father's memory as an excuse to tell lame jokes in a naked attempt to exchange tears for votes. It would have been funnier if his father didn't actually die and it was all a put on, but he's not that creative. Kathleen's imitation of Ralphie is funnier than Ralphie himself.

Anyway, it's a tough call as far as who goes. John was pretty lame, which throws a monkey wrench into everything. And it's hard to make a call on whether Ralphie helped himself or hurt himself with his shout out to angry white folk.

I think it will be Dat Phan and (although 3/4 through his set it bogged down really badly) and John (just because lots of people probably didn't hear the dingleberry scissors bit already). Plus, I still think Kathleen is too low energy for this format (although the Oprah bit killed) and I think people either love or hate Jay (my wife can't stand him) and more people hate him than love him.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
is it only me? but I can't get motivated at all to watch this season. Watching the same comics over and over again recycling old material... was grating enough when I watched season 2 (haven't seen the first season) but this is just Watching the same comics over and over again recycling old material... but there's no real point to it. I don't understand how they eliminate people or reward people or anything. I'll watch season 4... but I want to see new faces...

And don't get me wrong... I love watching Alonzo, Jay, Kathleen, John, Ralphie and Dave... just want more variety to keep me occupied for an entire season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks