What's new

J6Ps who work for BlockBuster (1 Viewer)

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor
quote: Hmm, sounds good! When is it coming out? [/quote]
Harley Davidson and the Lawnmower Man is only in theaters
tongue.gif

------------------
Dear WB : Release Wonka in Widescreen!
I didnt play Dungeons and Dragons all those years and not learn something about courage.
--Bernie Faulkner
[Edited last by Jeff Swindoll on August 21, 2001 at 09:29 AM]

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
quote: Harley Davidson and the Lawnmower Man is only in theaters :P[/quote]That's a lie. My nephew's stepmom's biological son's father rented it from the Hollywood Video in Plano two weeks ago. Why are you denying me this title! And incidentally, why are you censoring your titles with those black bars. I want it to fill the screen like it did at the theater! :)
Regards,
------------------
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA
[Edited last by Ken_McAlinden on August 21, 2001 at 09:40 AM]

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
Harley Davidson and the Lawnmower Man is only in theaters
Some enterprising person should cut those two films together to see if the whole is better than the sum of its parts.
Some friends and I (who at the time had a little too much free time) created an amalgam of all the films we could find with Sam Neill in them that didn't turn out as well as we hoped it would, but our second attempt, which we call "Monkey Trouble: the Unrated Director's Cut", which mostly just replaces Harvey Keitel's dialogue in Monkey Trouble with dialogue from Bad Lieutenant and Resevoir Dogs, is coming along nicely.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
funny,
I find it really hard to find good DVD workers.
I pay well too!
------------------
Yumbo - IMDVD

Robyn Young

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I've been going into my local Hollywood Video for the last year or so, just to chat with the manager about DVD, the format, collecting, and new releases. As the year went by, we drew the employees into the conversation, and I would herald the advantages of Widescreen and Aspect Ratios. Well, a few days ago, she offered me a part time job. I filled out the 45 MINUTE application, and she officially hired me yesterday(this is a nights/weekend thing--maybe 15 hours/week if I can find the time without killing myself).
Hopefully, I'll be polite and explain OAR to folks. This seems to be a turning point for Hollywood, because the manager told me that in the next 2-3 months, the store will be going 50% dvd, so it will be important for people to know the difference. Even more reason to have knowledgable employees(which there seem to be at this particular store.)
robyn

Sam Hatch

Stunt Coordinator
I guess I'll be going to the Fiji Islands as well! :)
Need a roommate, Jan?
------------------
"Negative. I am a meat popsicle."

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
On another note, when I went to Best Buy the other day to buy Silence of the Lambs I heard an employee tell a customer than "widescreen" is a new technology on DVD. Oh well, I guess this is better than saying or implying widescreen has no benefits.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
lol,
where Cast Away was shot.
where the stars run to, to get away.
there's actually a HTFer from Vancouver here. he comes over every Friday to have a DVD marathon (our weekly ritual); I just got a 4 seater stadium like sofa delivered yesterday - looks a like a real HT in the store, lol.
apparently, Wakaya Resort (really expensive exclusive resort) is interested in renting DVDs from us - guess the clientele is creating the demand (Tom Cruise, Nicole, Cruz were there recently).
need to put up some new shots of the store.
elections start today, time to plug Election, Bulworth, Bob Roberts!
ps. planning to upgrade to 40" RPTV, EX/EX amp - any hints?
------------------
Yumbo - IMDVD

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks