What's new

I've got a Kidney Stone! (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I went in on Tuesday for my final followup. The x-ray showed the stone was gone. I asked what's the chances of it happening again and he said 50-50. What can I do to prevent it? Drink water. What do I do if I wake up in the middle of the night with the same pain? Take my painkillers and call them in the morning. Unless I also have a fever. Then it's get thee to an emergency room.

dany

Supporting Actor
Real Name
D
If you get another it's emergency room in a hurry. I don't think they gave you painkillers that will help. The ONLY drug that helps me was/is Morphine.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I think you're saying whatever RX was prescribed to me won't help with the pain enough. In a way, neither does the emergency room. When I went to the emergency room, it was a least 2 hours become I was given pain meds. First there was the waiting to get into the patient area, than the waiting to be diagnosed, and then the waiting for the pain meds.

When I finally was given the pain meds, the pain had become bearable. It was still intense, but I no longer wanted to kill myself:) If the RX I have at home can get me to the "bearable" stage quicker, that's the way to go.

BTW, I was given morphine in the emergency room. I think that's the first time I've ever had it.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
It happened again.

After losing a 6mm stone from my right kidney a year and a month ago, a new 5mm stone manifested itself in my left kidney last Sunday. The stone is now located just outside the bladder, and I'm waiting for it to finally drop in the bladder so I can get rid of it.

I have no idea how this could happen again within two years. I've never had this kind of problem ever before in my life. As I've mentioned before, the one major dietary change in my life was dropping soft drinks entirely. The only liquids I drink are water, fruit juices, lemonade and milk. I don't touch alcohol, and I rarely drink coffee or tea. So I really don't get it.

It was a horrible week. Despite its smaller size, this one was worse than the last one. It caused bleeding, horrendous pain... And the painkillers caused such horrible vomiting and constipation that I've only managed to take a dump this afternoon!

My family doctor had a quick fix for the constipation: Phillips Milk of Magnesia! He told me to fill a third of a glass with milk of magnesia, add water to full, stir, and drink up! It's like drinking chalkboard dust! Yuck! But IT WORKED! I was dumping with deep satisfaction only six hours later. I even called my sister to tell her the good news!

Now I have to deal with the annoying stone. I'll post a picture once it's out and doesn't accidentally get flushed away.

UPDATE: That original bowel movement was just a hint of what was to come. I just let out a movement so massive that I had to clean the toilet bowl afterwards! It looked like a bomb had hit it!

We now return you to your non-offensive postings.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
If anyone's interested, here's the latest addition to my "Family Stone."
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

I'm feeling much better now. But now I have to figure out what's causing these things to form so fast! Both stones came out only a year apart!

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
You have my sympathies on these recurring stones and it's sure not giving me a warm fuzzy about my chances of recurrence. Thanks to modern American medicine, I can't get checkups to see if one is building up again. After all, it's only excruciating pain.

My doctor told me two things: have one stone and you have at least a 50% chance of having more; and drink lots of water.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks