What's new

Is Michelin the "Bose" of tires? (1 Viewer)

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
M. Night Shamaylan - the Bose of all directors
The fact that Bose sucks can be quantified by their lack of technical specs and poor performance in scientific comparisons between other speakers (freq. response, etc). This is just an opinion.

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
Bose stereo in my Maxima and riding on Michelin Pilots:emoji_thumbsup: I was always under the impression michelins were good. They got the hydroedge tires that is supposed to replace the X1's. I do know they replaced the unlimited warranty on the x1's with a 6yr or 100 000km. We use them on our work van and apparently we are on our second set. Our old van went through three sets.

They are very sticky on the warranty. They had to be down to the wear bars and be evenly worn on all tires.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
If you're worried about wear, maybe look into Toyo Ultras? They are supposed to be amazing for longevity. At least, that's what I hear. I replaced the stock Michelins on my Honda Accord V6 with Toyo Ultra's and they are at least as good.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
This is an intersting thread for me since I was told I'll soon need to replace my tires (on a Honda civic). Sears has the Michelin Hydro-edge on sale for about $90 a tire, whereas my local BJ's sells all-season tires by Goodrich and Uniroyal at $60-65. The impression I'm getting from reading all of the above posts is that the Michelins would be worth the extra $$$. Correct?

Mike Veroukis

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael
As for the Tires... I've never heard anything bad about the Michilines. Although longevity is important, I wouldn't change tires unless I wasn't happy with their performance and road noise levels. Longer lasting tires will most likely have other trade-offs. Remember, you can't optimize for more then one variable! ;)

- Mike

Mike D.

Stunt Coordinator
Bowflex and the like are almost identical to Bose. Total junk for the money, a little research and you will find much better alternatives for less, tons and tons spent on marketing, bogus claims in their marketing, marketing aimed at the ignorant masses, etc, etc.

Just my opinion! :)

Eric Eash

Second Unit
when it comes to motorcycles, i took off the perelli dragons that came from the factory on my ducati 996, and then swapped them for some michelin pilot race tires. best tires i've ever run short of michelin slicks. as far as cars, i have no experience with them for cars, but my experience with them for bikes has been great.

eric

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks