What's new

Instability with playing .avi and .mp4 files within WMC (1 Viewer)

robcy

Auditioning
Real Name
Roberto Calderon
This computer has been running great for a over a year. Lately anytime I choose a movie from the Movie Folder, WMC closes and restarts. This has no effect on the OS, but the Event Viewer shows this error:

Faulting application name: ehShell.exe, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bd053
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000000000
Faulting process id: 0x%9
Faulting application start time: 0x%10
Faulting application path: %11
Faulting module path: %12
Report Id: %13

I previously had this same issue, and did a system restore to a prior date (last windows update) and this corrected the issue. I tried the same thing and this time it did not have an affect.

Computer running:
Windows 7 64-bit.
Ceton PCIs 4 tuner card
A8-3870 AMD APU
8GB Ram
2 X 500GB HDD's

All drivers are up to date, I have tried Codecs K-Light, CCCP and with no codec the results are the same. Recorded TV works normally, and plays normally. All movie files are .avi and .mp4. I have searched online, but found no information to help. I really, really do not want to reprogram the PC.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
A few things:

(1) Drop CCCP, K-Lite, etc. Grab Shark 007 if you can.. be careful, though.. it wants to install some bullshit at the beginning, so make sure "custom" and uncheck toolbars, other than that it's a snap.

(2) Make sure you have the latest video card drivers, normally from http://www.amd.com/ or http://www.nvidia.com/

If you can, post your hardware configuration, there might be something we see you need

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks