What's new

Impatient - any word on release dates for HK AVR-7200 or Denon AVR-2803? (1 Viewer)

Charles M Berry

Stunt Coordinator
So, was anyone actually able to get one, other than on backorder? I noticed that even before Gabriel was able to start the sale at midnight, Onecall has updated the HK 7200 from "In stock" to "out of stock".

I still want to get in line for the great price Gabriel was able to get the members here, but alas, the wife is not too keen on me spending our downpayment for a home, damnit! :angry:

Hey MikeMcGrew, I'm still trying to find a buyer for that Kidney, know anyone?

If someone was able to get one of these sexy HK's, please take some picture when it arrives to post here for us less fortunate soles. If someone was really brave enough, I'd love to see inside the case and get a look at how they laid this 53 pounder out.

Gabriel, did your message about the email imply you could still get the HK 7200 for some of us, despite onecall having sold out in the first hours of sale?

MikeMcGrew

Stunt Coordinator
Not for the kidney Charles but I definitely know a few people who need livers! I think you need that though. Of all times, my older Pioneer VSX-D508 just took a dump on me tonight. My son was watching something on TV and I realized I had no sound from the mains. It's the wierdest thing too. I have sound from the fronts in every function mode (dvd, tape, vcr etc. etc.) but no fronts in TV. My stereo/tuner works fine. I think this tells me it's not an amp. Hell, this receiver is like seven years old and I have never had a single problem. Always sounded pretty reasonable for a cheap outta the box too. My very first one! Anyway, I did go pick up a couple of pizza delivery apps today to pay for one of these bad boys. Maybe by the time I get enough saved up, I will actually be able to get one! I'm honestly thinking about buying one of the 525 refurbs from One Call for $499.00 in the mean time. Any advice there? I really do like the organization of this new HK though. MM

Charles M Berry

Stunt Coordinator
Update: In stock, and shipping price removed. $1529.15 total now.
Thanks Gabriel. Thats an awesome price, I wish I had more spare cash lying around...

So, has anyone taken the big leap yet? I thought that there would be some more excitement for this deal, since there seems to be a lot of HK fans here. Or maybe HK is, like, out of style this week ;).

Gabriel, do you have any more pics of this AVR, like this inside guts? If they are too big to post here, maybe you could email interested persons.

VicQ

Stunt Coordinator
This looks like a very solid receiver. Having said that, I think it's unexcusable for a receiver in this price range to only have 4 digital inputs in the back. Unbelievable.

-Vic:thumbsdown:

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I posted a little while back, that *supposedly* based on text in the manual (pg 29 I think), that you can't engage Logic 7 with DD/DTS 5.1 sources. I do hope someone will try it and let us know though. ;) You have to be careful, because there is mentioned in the manual "Logic 7 5.1" and "Logic 7 7.1" (or something), but that is still just applying L7 to 2 channel sources.

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Has anyone received a 7200 yet? I am really interested to know how it sounds and if it can apply L7 to 5.1/7.1 sources. How about some of you new 7200 owners chime in and help a guy out? :)

Dalton

ErichH

Screenwriter
Thought I'd wake this thread up a bit an 2nd the request for new owners to chime in with their impressions.
I'm already on course to grab one, but thought it might be fun to get some chatter about the unit(7200)

Anybody?

Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks