What's new

if you had $1000 to spend on a reciever... (1 Viewer)

Burklund

Stunt Coordinator
...and you had tower speakers( Infinity Beta 50 ) and a matching Infinity center speaker, and possibly 2 more Beta 50s for rear speakers....what receiver would you choose to own in the $700-$1000 price range.
This would be mostly for TV, but some stereo too.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
With that budget, I'd look at the following:

- Denon AVR-2805, AVR-3805
- Yamaha RX-V1400, RX-V2400

If you were to gravitate towards the higher end of your budget, there's Rotel. :)

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Nad T753 would be another good choice.

It all depends on the features you desire. The NAD's give up some of the frills like Pro Logic IIx for amp power. Their amp is lower rated but I would be willing to bet it will produce atleast its rated power or more. I'm pretty certain that most of the other mass market pieces would not do this.

I've also heard good things from Sony's ES Digital receivers but I don't care for the silver.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'll take amp power over frills any day. The NAD is a solid choice, and you might even be able to get a 763 if you shop around.

I'll throw in the Marantz 7400, or even a used 8300.

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Just to be chauvinistic, I'll throw in my own 1000$ receiver (which I got for less), the Integra DTR 6.4. I especially appreciate the ability to apply bass management/time alignment to the multichannel inputs (via A/D/A) though I know it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Burklund

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not looking for loudness. I would like clarity and crispness. I dont want to hook up video games or connect it to the internet or any other BS.
I just want a receiver that I can turn on and not spend all day configuring it to play good music, then have to reconfigure it to watch a DVD.
I dont mind spending about $1000 for GOOD QUALITY SOUND !!

With that being said ...does that change your opinion on what receiver you would recommend?

THANKS AGAIN

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
The Rotel RSX-1056 is an excellent receiver. It will extend your budget $100 or so, but in my opinion, it's worth it. You didn't mention a sub. Definently look into SVS. It looks like you have lots of choices to demo. Good luck.

larry_r_m

Auditioning
I have an Infinity Alpha 37C center and Infinity SM-125's paired with a Denon AVR285 and I love it. I find it easy to set up and then adjust various levels and frequencies on the fly.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I gotta vote for finding the best deal on a Denon 3805 you can find also.

Mike Bassi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike Bassi
I would go with the Marantz over the Denon anyday. The Marantz will play the Infinitys better then the Denon will. Look for a close out on the 8300 if you can. You won't be sorry. Nad and Rotel are also very very good.

Mike

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
There's an 8300 on Audiogon for $800 right now. That's about half what I paid for mine new, and is a good price.

JackS

Supporting Actor
Burk- I think you can see that your real choice will have to come with a little effort on your part. Go into the city near you, find a shop or two, listen and ask questions. All suggestions here are good but what you like may not be what I like and vise-versa. You will probably find several receivers you like but there will always be that one receiver you like just a little bit more. Buy it and enjoy a great movie tonight. No need to spend days shopping and doing without HT any longer than necessary. If you narrow it down to two receivers you like equally, let price dictate the decision.(IMO)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks