What's new
World Wide Stereo

HTPC newbie needs tip re: interface (like iTunes/Moovida) (1 Viewer)

JamesFlower

Auditioning
Real Name
James Flower
Hi guys,
So I'm taking the first baby steps towards setting up my first HTPC, using a new Windows 7 laptop, and have fallen down at the first hurdle; namely, picking the right interface to list and play files through.

I'd like one similar to iTunes where you can see long list of your files, edit data, make playlists etc, and Moovida seemed to be exactly what I wanted - however, that program doesn't seem to work properly (I can't get it to update video information, which is pretty crucial), and Fluendo don't seem to be doing any updates/support for it anymore.

Does anyone have any suggestions for an alternative? I'm really not a big fan of the Windows Media Center/XMBC model of flashy, spacious designs - something along the lines of what I've already mentioned would be ace. Or some help whipping Moovida into shape!

Best wishes,
James

EDIT: I should add in case it wasn't obvious that all I'm really looking to do is basically have a video jukebox (e.g. for DVD/BD rips), so no need just yet for being able to access TV or other streaming services just yet.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

SoundSolutions5

Auditioning
Real Name
Home Theater
I am looking to either build up a HTPC or get something like the raspberry PI android-based solution for playing movies, listen to my music collection, maybe play a game or two when I want. I would like multiple USB ports, hdmi, wifi, lan, bluetooth, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks