What's new

HTF REVIEW: "Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory" (Widescreen) (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Mike, can you blame them? With all the stupid urban legend e-mails that go around the 'Net?

Advice: print out a pic of the cover art and show it to them, preferably in color. It will help make your case that it DOES exist. Having the item # from the UPC code helps, too; they can compare to the FS version.

Print Ron's review. Hell, print this whole thread.

Either way, don't deal with idiots. Find someone who believes you and is willing to order it.

John Knowles

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
As of yesterday, none of the Minneapolis area BB's had it in stock. Since I work for them p/t, I noticed that they all have some on order....FOUR copies per store! Now gee, what chance do I have of getting one of them when they happen to show up? Is this some kind of slap in the face or are their buyers really under the impression that so few will be sold? Great... :angry:

David_N

Stunt Coordinator
I still have not been able to find this disk up in the Northern Mass/Southern NH area. I checked all locations previously listed in this thread. I even checked Suncoast and was surprised that every they didn't know what I was talking about. And the general answer was "We have what's on the shelf right there." On my bi-weekly search continued last weekend I ran into a helpful clerk at Circuit City (who said he signed the petition also) that suggested Borders. I went over to Borders and they didn't have it but I was able to get a store clerk to order me a copy. She said I should expect it to arrive in a week or two.....Excellent(strumming air guitar)!

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I strongly recommend ordering this from Deep Discount DVD for 16.74 (free shipping). This avoids the hassle and gets you the best price. :)

bill lopez

Second Unit
After some of us recieve our widescreen Wonka from online ordering we should go over to BestBuy and shove it in the Mgr. face for saying it doesn't exsist!:D

MarkHughes

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark Hughes
First and foremost.. Great story Alex. I don't remember the first time I saw this film (was just 2 when it came out)... but I thought your story was heartwarming enough for us all. Sorry for the loss of your brother. Toast his memory and have smiles as you recall the good times this Sunday.

Now secondly, I have been having a difficult time finding this title in my area as well. I went into a Suncoast and their computers told me that it wasn't even released. I now see that it has been, but I feel as if I have been inside every store in CT looking for this title... yet, no luck! Any suggestions would be appreciaited.

Peace, Love, and Homer Simpson to y'all

--M

Alan Kurland

Stunt Coordinator
I'm psyched! I found it at Newbury Comics after the denial from BB that it exists. To all - keep searching!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks