What's new

HTF EXCLUSIVE: Twilight Time July and August 2012 Release Announcements (1 Viewer)

JamesNelson

Second Unit
Real Name
James Nelson
haineshisway said:
What, nobody cares?
I care. But I can't find a pre-order link over at TT. Only the CD comes up in a search. How are folks pre-ordering this?

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by haineshisway /t/320203/htf-exclusive-twilight-time-july-and-august-2012-release-announcements/30#post_3948478
What, nobody cares?

I do care. I have my alarm set for 4:00PM on July 20th to place my order.

By the way, I really enjoyed your haineshisway blog on your viewing last night. The personal side of the titles was really very charming and different.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Where is Bye Bye Birdie available? When is it going to be released?

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Thanks for the update on next month's titles Bruce. Needless to say, I'll be blindly buying both of them.
John Skoda said:
Pre-orders will be taken beginning July 20 at 4 p.m., according to http://www.screenarchives.com.
Thanks for the update. I was expecting today, but whatever.
Also, Journey to the Center of the Earth sold out. Might be old news to some, but this makes it sell-out #2. Went OOP pretty fast too considering it was released just two months ago.

JamesNelson

Second Unit
Real Name
James Nelson
JoHud said:
Also, Journey to the Center of the Earth sold out. Might be old news to some, but this makes it sell-out #2. Went OOP pretty fast too considering it was released just two months ago.
Makes one wonder how many of these sales are "entrepreneurs" stockpiling for later gouging. There is already someone selling "pre-orders" of Bye Bye Birdie on eBay for $65 USD a pop.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
JamesNelson said:
Makes one wonder how many of these sales are "entrepreneurs" stockpiling for later gouging. There is already someone selling "pre-orders" of Bye Bye Birdie on eBay for $65 USD a pop.
He is asking $65. No sales yet. Maybe if it is sold out and there is interest the price might be high. Journey is sold out and the highest price it has sold for is $54.99.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Originally Posted by JoHud /t/320203/htf-exclusive-twilight-time-july-and-august-2012-release-announcements/60#post_3948493

Wow, I got in just under the wire on that one (ordered my copy on Tuesday the 10th, sellout notice went up the next day)!!

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
ahollis said:
And pre-ordered. 
I did too. I just figured BBB is one of the highest-profile flicks they've ever released. At 3000 copies, it should go mighty fast. I'm not usually a "pre-order" guy, but the low unit count, Bruce's mini-review and my own paranoia got me caught up in this.
Can't wait for Aug 14!

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Bruce, two questins about Bye Bye Birdie.
I know it has a music only track. Does that track have vocals on the songs or is it without vocals?
When I transferred Birdie for Laserdisc, Sony could not find the end title, so all transfers I have seen play the end title music over black screen.
What do we get here?

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Joe Caps said:
Bruce, two questins about Bye Bye Birdie.
I know it has a music only track. Does that track have vocals on the songs or is it without vocals?
When I transferred Birdie for Laserdisc, Sony could not find the end title, so all transfers I have seen play the end title music over black screen.
What do we get here?
Because Nick left his check disc with me for only a few hours while he was off doing something, I didn't have time to listen to the music-only track on either film. I just had time to watch them both, but I didn't quite make it to the end of Birdie (I saw all but the last ten minutes) so I don't know about the ending music. I'm trying to remember the screening last year at the Academy and I don't think it played over black there so it's probably fine now.

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
Just to answer those questions:

The isolated score on BBB has the songs with vocals, and the underscore sometimes adumbrated with mild effects, and just for fun we let the foley track play continuously between the cues.
And, just as it did at the Academy last year the image fades to black after Ann-Margret on the treadmill at the end.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by haineshisway /t/320203/htf-exclusive-twilight-time-july-and-august-2012-release-announcements/30#post_3948478
What, nobody cares?
No, I just think distracted by LoA. Very much looking forward to these, glad they are looking good!

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Twilight Time /t/320203/htf-exclusive-twilight-time-july-and-august-2012-release-announcements/60#post_3952088
Just to answer those questions:

The isolated score on BBB has the songs with vocals, and the underscore sometimes adumbrated with mild effects, and just for fun we let the foley track play continuously between the cues.
And, just as it did at the Academy last year the image fades to black after Ann-Margret on the treadmill at the end.
Thanks Nick!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks