What's new

DVD Review HTF DVD REVIEW: I, Claudius The Epic That Never Was (1 Viewer)

chas speed

Second Unit
Real Name
jeff
I don't even want to bring up that there is supposed to be some kind of a time difference between PAL and NTSC. Like the situation needs to be made even more confusing.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
That time difference is only a concern for film productions. Video productions, like I, Claudius, should be the same length.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I still don't know which version to get. Does anyone know if the new version is how it aired in the UK, with the African Slave Dance shortened and the four mins. missing from Episodes 1/2?

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

Richard, did you ever get a chance to do this? I'm still curious about the new R1 disk relative to any deleted material. I own the original 5-Disc R1 version of the show, but I saw the remastered version at Borders for less than $25 in their 50% off sale, so I'm thinking of upgrading to the better quality picture you described (and the slimmer box). But I'm wondering if you, or anyone else, did a final comparison of what content differences, additions or deletions, there are between this and the original release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks