What's new

Blu-ray Review HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: The Twilight Zone Season 1 Blu-ray (2 Viewers)

music613

Grip
Real Name
avrohom leichtling
I put the received replacement disc in my ancient Panasonic BD player, and it loaded immediately without any issue. A quick sampling of the content tends to support your idea that it was, in fact, a production issue. My "original" disc 4 would not load (even after feeding my BD player the "good" disc. I guess that the "bad" disc did not come to its senses an realize that it had been outdone by a better behaved cousin. :)

IN appearance, the old disc did not vary in any discernible way from the new one - this tells me that the mastering process was likely the culprit.

JerryK

Agent
Checked my disc 4 replacement yesterday and it played smoothly on my Sony S360 during the middle of The Big Tall Wish.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Rec'd disc 4 yesterday and it loaded and played just as well as the others in this set. Finally glad to be able to finish this set. Long time in coming, but thank you, Image.

Doug

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Mine arrived, and it plays fine on my old PS3. Thanks, Image! I wish they'd been more forthcoming throughout this process, but I can't deny the evidence that the problem has indeed been resolved.

Season 3 comes out in 18 days! We should be getting an announcement for season 4 any day now....

AtticusUK

Auditioning
Real Name
Phil
Hi guys. This may be of some use. I bought this set last year and about a month ago discovered disc 4 wouldn't play. I returned it to Movietyme but kept the slipcase, just incase a re-issue didn't come with one. I now have the replacement and disc 4 works perfectly. Out of interest I checked both slipcases to see if there's a diffrence, and there is.

Pic 1 is the original, faulty disc release.

Pic 2 is the replacement which works perfectly (so far). You'll notice in pic 2 there is serial number below the facebook address which wasn't on the original.

Not 100% conclusive but looks like a good way to spot which run you're buying.

Hope it's of some help. It's great to finally have a copy that works :)

25ffa389_tz1.jpg

cbe136c1_tz2f.jpg

The mailman just dropped off my Disc 4 replacement disc. I'll check it in a few and edit this post with the results!

Update: It is corrected.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Good information Phil, thanks. This should help the potential buyers so they will get the right set!

Congrates Eric and thanks for letting us know your new disc works.

Can one of you who has received your replacement disc 4 tell me how it was packaged? Was it in a cardboard mailer, one of those thin ones, or a small box, or a padded envelope? Just wondering what to look out for. If it's bigger then regular mail, my mail man will sometimes tuck behind a sidegate at my house and I might miss it!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Yippee!
I received the replacement disc 4 today too! I just played The Big Tall Wish all the way through. Amazing! What is ironic is I must have seen the mid section of this episode enough times now from trying out all the copies I returned!
A Nice Place to Visit is playing now too. That episode would not play on my old disc.
Did anyone also receive a new copy of disc 1 too?
Thanks Michele and Image! :)

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Out of curiosity: Did anyone not receive an answer from Mrs. Johnson but still receive a replacement disc?

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Originally Posted by Nelson Au
Did anyone also receive a new copy of disc 1 too?

No but I didn't request one. To the best of my knowledge my copy of Walking Distance plays all the way through without a hitch.

Now for the weirdness. As I said I got my disc in the mail yesterday, however I also got an email that same day from mjohnson saying said disc would be delivered later in the week!

I am beginning to think I am about to end up with three disc 4s.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks