What's new

Blu-ray Review HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: Rambo (1 Viewer)

johnathan

Stunt Coordinator
I was really surprised how good this movie was. The picture and sound were truly amazing ! I do wish Rambo had a couple more action scenes. But I was very satisfied with this move. Thanks for the review. I have 7.1 and it really was utilized in this feature. Very engulfing and engaging !

johnathan

Stunt Coordinator
here is a video of some actual .50 BMG sniper work in Afghanistan, not for the faint of heart so be warned

50 caliber sniper damage in afghanistan by scottgjohnson -- Revver Online Video Sharing Network

this film is a really intense and realistic portrait of violence, I wonder how it even got a R rating as is, for those that haven't seen it yet this easily tops the roughest Verhoeven work out there :)

-Gary[/quote]

Gary
That has been debunked.It is actualy a video of varmit hunting in Montana or some where.The 50 cal wont do that to a human. Now a 50 mm is a differant story. Great review by the way. Johnathan

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
I guess I am going against the grain of this thread when I say that I didn't care for this movie at all. There have been far superior films that have covered the same ground with infinitely better story, direction, and acting.

What is ironic is that I too disliked Rambo: First Blood Part II and Rambo III for the genre shift from drama to action and the increasing ridiculousness of the story and violence, but it is almost like Stallone tried way too hard to compensate for those criticisms with this movie by giving this film 'something to say' only to undermine it by laying a foundation with same ridiculous story and violence of the sequels.

Afterall, what is this film trying to say, the only answer to mindless violence is more violence? I think I preferred the revenge fantasies of the sequels quite honestly. At least with those you could forgive the two-dimensional characters and motivations that populated them as 'par for the course'. In the type of film Stallone was trying to make those kinds of failings are inexcusable.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member

The weapon used is a M134 minigun which uses 7.62mm NATO for ammunition. 7.62 is roughly equivalent to .30 cal., so the damage is being done by ammunition that is smaller than .50: just more of it, since the cyclical rate of fire of the M134 is going to be much higher than a standard .50 calibre machine gun.

I suspect the end result would pretty well be the same. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks