What's new

Directors How many DVD's do you own??? (1 Viewer)

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
1048 so far.

Ever since I was a kid I've wanted a movie library and now I finally have one. There are still a few hundred titles I want, but I'm in a buying lull right now.

Over half of those were bought on eBay, btw.

Vickie

Rick Deschaine

Stunt Coordinator
Damn you Home Theater Forum! I'm weak! Because of all you guys I now have about 400 DVDs and still going strong. In fact in the last two weeeks I've spent nearly 300$ on discs. Yikes!

Peace to everyone, Rick

Craig

Second Unit
About 350.

I've sold at least another 50 on ebay that I bought but didn't care for.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
According to my DVD Aficionado list, I have 205 DVDs with 220 titles among them. But that's not counting the dozen or so bonus, preview and sample discs I have that don't show up on their database.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I think I have in the low-to-mid 500's but I'm really not sure. I lost track a long time ago. I did a DVD Aficianado page a year or so ago, but strictly from memory and haven't done a systematic count in ages.

Most weeks I buy nothing and probably bought fewer than 15 DVD's this year outside of the bi-annual Deepdiscount sales and b-day/Christmas which add 25-30 more. But when you add in the kids' DVD's and now my wife has started buying stuff, the numbers increase slow but steady.

I've really made a pretty good effort of restraining my purchases in the last year and a half or so. I still have 25 or more unwatched DVD's even so. I finally realized it didn't make sense to buy a DVD and have it sit on my shelf for 6 months (or 4 years if you're the Godfather Trilogy). I'll just wait and buy later at a sale or often the desire to own will fade over time.

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Good on you Steve, but I probably have you beat on good movies though, about 1900 at last count. ;) :D

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
:D :emoji_thumbsup:
And I probably have you all beat on sheer number of films, 3225 (inc doubles, triples and quadriples) at last count, on 4 different formats. ;)

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Oh, didn't I mention that I still have hundreds of VHS and LDs lying around...and soundtracks, movie posters, action figures, movie books & magazines, Fotonovels, life masks of Christopher Lee & Peter Cushing, etc.
Thousands and thousands!!! :laugh: ;)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well I've still got 8 track tapes :), but I don't listen to them anymore than I watch my hundreds of lds, so I don't count them. If it's not on dvd, then it's not really in my collection. Of course, I burned dvd copies of films only available on ld like The African Queen and the long version of It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, so I am counting those. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks