What's new

House, Season 1 - beware of Amazon. (1 Viewer)

Rick P

Supporting Actor
I can't catch a break nowdays... I snagged 4 seasons of HOUSE from Amazon last week when they were $12.99 a season... seasons 2 thru 4, perfect... what do I get for season 1? The old crappy non anamorphic letterboxed version! Didn't they re-release this back in February in proper widescreen??? Jeeze... I doubt Amazon will do anything but .. beware....

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
They sure did, Rick P. However, most retailers have the older set of House Season 1 priced lower just to clearance out those older sets. I suspect this has something to do with the studio and their effort to liquidate the excess stock that they have. If I'm not mistaken, the first edition contains 3 disks, double sided and the second edition contains 6 single sided disks.

I would recommend sending the first season back to Amazon and just order the newer release. Amazon will have both sets listed on their site separately.

Might I also add, Rick, that knowing that there were two different versions of House Season 1 still being sold by retailers, that you might have double checked to discover which set it was you were ordering.

Rick P

Supporting Actor
I already contacted Amazon (by phone no less) they only have 1 version listed on the web site, but the person I talked to actually understood the difference and was very helpful... they are overnighting me a new copy, supposedly making sure what's what (supposedly sending a notice to the warehouse/inventory people) and sent a prepaid label to send the old one back... FYI, I did some checking and Best Buy lists this on their site as Anamoprhic Enhanced, but still 3 discs. Will report back when FedEx comes by in the morning.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Rick, actually, they do have both versions listed. Here they are:

The (New) 6 DVD Version:

http://www.amazon.com/House-Season-One-Hugh-Laurie/dp/B001QE99AQ/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1259616146&sr=1-8

The (Previous) 3 DVD Version:

http://www.amazon.com/House-M-D-Season-Hugh-Laurie/dp/B0009WPM1Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1259616146&sr=1-1

Rick P

Supporting Actor
Well isn't that special :) both have the same price and an MD's worth of difference in the name... well I checked and the guy I talked to got it right and they are sending the 6 disc version and a prepaid return label.. so all good (but they outta get rid of that 3 disc version)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
It is special because the new set has the corrected disks ... single sided instead of double sided. :)

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
That is kind of shakey how Amazon has the two different versions of House season one layed out on their web site. Doing a typical search for "House", the old season one and all other seasons are found on the first page of the search results and the top two items of the second page. To find the updated version of season 1 you have to skip to the 4th page of the search results where it is intermixed with Full House and Little House on the Prarie. Don't tell me that was by coincidence. They should appear next to one another.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks