What's new

Hitachi 50v500 (1 Viewer)

david kennedy

Stunt Coordinator
Hi i am new to the board and i was wondering if anyone has any information about the new Hitachi lcd Projection tv(50v500)I have been thinking about getting another widescreen and had limited myself to the 50inch Samsung dlp, the Panasonic 50 inch lcd , and i have been hearing things about the 50v500 but can't really find much info. I don't even think Hitachi's site has any info on them. So if there is anyone with any information please drop me a line.

AlbyITR

Auditioning
I work at circuit city(Orlando) and we just put it up on display. Looks real nice and in my opinion better than most of the other lcd's. I also noticed that the retail price should be $3799.99 but i guess the people at CC corp didnt noticed that and have it priced at $2999.99. I am planning on picking one up before they noticed the price error, so should you.

david kennedy

Stunt Coordinator
Now i heard they are suppose to be priced around 3299.00 a guy cc in Chicago told me he could get it for me for 3199.00 at the most. Also i was at sears and saw the Samsung dlp television and i'm thinking long and hard about about pulling the trigger on the Samsung. I wanted to know which one you liked better?

AlbyITR

Auditioning
The hitachi looks pretty damn close to the dlp but for the price difference i would pick the hitachi. I feel the dlp doesn't look that much better for the $1000 difference. But then again thats my opinion you should go check them out yourself. But the price at my store is $2999.99 . On the web it is 3299.99 but it tells you to check local stores for prices. We have the Hitachi, Sony and Panasonic LCD right next to each other and the hitachi looks the best.

david kennedy

Stunt Coordinator
Thanx again for the info you have pretty much sold me if i like how the Hitachi looks that will be the one i get. Thanx again

AlbyITR

Auditioning
Just for information they dropped the price down to 2899.99 at my store so it should be like that everywhere.

Thats a great price on the Hitachi. I just got home from seeing it but I didn't like the $3200 price.

What is the zip code of your store in case the store here in Greenville SC gives me grief?

Nevermind, I just had Greenville CC pricematch their own price from the Orlando CC. No problems and my new set arrives on Friday.

$2899

I found out today that the Hitachi lacks PC input like the Panasonic 50" LCD so that might make or break this set for some (not for me). Circuit City had the Hiatchi 50" LCD, Panasonic 50" LCD, and the 43" Samsung DLP all out next to each other and I preferred the Hitachi over the Panny and the Panny over the Sammy. :)

JauCheeze

Stunt Coordinator
just purchased the hitachi 50v500 from CC for $2899. Just tell the employee to PM the price from the website. He even gave me the 10% difference.

At the store it seemed like the PQ is much better than the panasonic lcd. After calibration...i don't know :)

DavidGT

Stunt Coordinator
Can you help out a neighbor, I live in LA too.
Which store did you get it at and what website are you refering to? The circuitcity.com prices shows $3299 crossed out but no $2899.

AlbyITR

Auditioning
Just in case the price is different have the Circuit City store check the price and any of these store numbers (3268,0837,0838,0839) those are all the stores in Orlando.
FIY I found out that they have the 60v500 version in there systems but not in stock but it will be priced at 3899.99 pretty good for a 60" lcd projection. So basically CC is selling the 60" version for the 50" suggested retail price.:)

Paul.Little

Stunt Coordinator
I really prefer the picture on a conventional CRT rear projection TV to any of the LCD or DLP rear projection sets.

JauCheeze

Stunt Coordinator
Can you help out a neighbor, I live in LA too.
Which store did you get it at and what website are you refering to? The circuitcity.com prices shows $3299 crossed out but no $2899.
I purchased it at the circuit city in pasadena. The web price shows up as $2899 when you click on the link and enter a zip on the upper right hand corner. Good Luck!

My set has already had to be returned due to a dark spot in the bottom right corner of the screen.

A few others over at the AVS forum have experienced the same thing. Hitachi has stated that this set should not be tilted over on its side for transport which is exactly what the guy at CC did to get the 50V500 to fit in my SUV. Look for fist sized dark spots on your set upon arrival and you can log in to AVS forums for the Hitachi Owners Thread for pictures.

My new set arrives this Friday.

PC INPUT - I didn't have a lot of time to play around with PowerStrip but the DVI input on the 50V500 does accept a PC DVI connection and without tweaking I got a great 848x480 picture (overscan of course). Next is 1280x720 and possibly a little higher.

STAND - Nice stand over at www.ikea.com for $99. I just ordered one and if its 59 inches wide. oppli is the name of the stand.

Mike Benson

Auditioning
I have done extensive research on the different LCD and DLP projection televisions. Each has its strong points. The Panasonic 50" LCD does an excellent job with text (very crisp) and their TV tuner is the best one in the bunch. The problem is, the picture looks a little washed out compared to other LCD/DLP. The Sony XBR 50" has a good tuner, excellent color and brightness, but cost's about $1,000 more than Panasonic and Hitachi. The Hitachi 50" LCD has excellent color and brightness, the tv tuner is middle of the road, text is not as crisp as the other TV’s, so other items viewed are not as crisp either. You need to view scenes with small objects, you will see what I am talking about. Still, it is the same price as the Panasonic, and a $1,000 cheaper than Sony or Samsung. The Samsung 50" DLP has the best text, black colors and is the best HDTV display, but it does not do well with standard TV. The tuner doesn't come close to the Panasonic. My choice is the Hitachi; it is better than Panasonic with brightness and color, and costs $1,000 less than Samsung and Sony. If $1,000 doesn't matter much to you, then Sony for all around quality, or Samsung for the best HDTV display.

Good luck!

CarmineMW

Auditioning
Just to let you all know...I bought the Hitachi from Sears. They price matched CC which was 2899.00 everywhere. They also had to give me an extra 40.00 for the 10% difference. They tried to sell me the 3 year service agreement at $319.00 but I told them that their own web site listed service at 269.99. They took off an extra 50.00 to reflect the difference. They are shipping it to me for $40.00 instead of 45.00 normal or CC 49.00. And I had them give me 12 month interest free financing. Whole deal is 3169.00 with service and they deliver on Wedneday. Thanks to all of you who helped informed me on this product.Sears also had a complete Denon 683 DV D HTS on sale for 499.00 from 999.00. They are discontinuing caring that product...there is a new model coming out from Denon. I got them both and am waiting to let it roar!. Thanks for all your help! I feel very comfortable with all your advice. Also went to BestBuy website. There promo picture shows a big screen embedded in a built out theater wall. I got a nephew who's a carpenter/contractor. Looks like he's going to be getting a call very soon...Take care and good hunting...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks