What's new

Help with my Onkyo 601 (1 Viewer)

Omard.

Stunt Coordinator
I would like to know if anybody has connected video source to the coaxial port? Can you change the setting to not be CD?

Charlie C

Stunt Coordinator
Do not really understand your question. I am looking at the back of the Onkyo I found it thru your home page. Please be specific.

Video source - DVD player, CD player, VCR, TIVO, Cable box?

Coaxial cable could mean a few different cables. Like Digital Coax is a 75 ohm sheilded RCA cable. to me, Coax is the cable that you have to screw on, like the one that comes out of your wall for cable tv, which the onkyo has.

"Can you change the setting to not be CD"

what setting? this ? I dont get, elaborate please.

Rick_Brown

Second Unit
You can connect the digital coax cable from your video source to a digital cax input on your receiver - I believe there are two of these inputs. Your manual will tell you what the default settings are for these inputs and how to change them if necessary.

Omard.

Stunt Coordinator
I'm connecting my satellite receiver to my Onkyo. And i'm doing it thru digital coax. But the receiver default the coax to the CD selection. The problem with this is that when I have been watching dvd then I switch to this receiver. I have to press video 1 or something like that and then press cd. Becuase just pressing cd does not change the video feed.

parin_patel

Stunt Coordinator

This is because the digital coaxial input is associated with CD. You need to go to the INPUT Setup menu for VIDEO1 in the receiver and change the setting for "a. Digital Input" to COAX. This should allow you switch to VIDEO1 and receive both audio and video for the sat receiver. Hope this helps,

-Parin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks