What's new

Hank has died :( (1 Viewer)

Rob T

Screenwriter
This day has been expected to happen for many decades and now that it has arrived we're all amazed that he lasted this long.

Quote:

Howard Stern's Hank the Dwarf Dies
by Marcus Errico
Sep 4, 2001, 4:25 PM PT
Hank the Angry, Drunken Dwarf is dead.
The 4-foot-1 Howard Stern sidekick, known for being, well, drunk and angry, died Tuesday at the age of 39. The cause of death was not immediately disclosed.
Born Henry Nasiff, the diminutive performer got his break in 1996, when he and a friend from Boston dinner theater (yes, Hank was in dinner theater) drove to New York City and decided to try to get on the Stern show. Hank's vigil at New York's K-Rock studios began at about 5:30 a.m., and the Stern crew quickly took notice.
As Doug Z. Goodstein, Hank's manager and the producer of Stern's E! TV show, once recounted to E! Online, "There was just a compelling feature of a drunk, belligerent midget." (As Hank was fond of yelling, "I'm not a midget, I'm a dwarf, you a--hole.)"
He soon become a recurring member of Stern's so-called "Wack Pack," joining the likes of Crackhead Bob and the Elephant Boy in Howard's pantheon of oddballs.
Hank appeared more than two dozen times on the Stern show, most notably outfitted in a pink bunny suit and always sounding off in his inimitable way.
He parlayed his fame into a Website, http://www.hankthedwarf.com
Link Removed

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
This is sad. Most people won't care. He made me laugh. I voted for him numerous times in the People Most Beautiful Person contest.
Hopefully Howard will have plenty of clips to play tomorrow as a career retrospective.
Link Removed

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Just a couple of weeks ago I started to worry about Hank, not having heard anything about him in a while, and I hoped he'd quit drinking because the world was a better place with him around.
See you on the other side, Hank.
frown.gif

JeffDemum

Stunt Coordinator
I can't believe it Hank was a great funny little fellow . He was too damn funny especially when Beetle Juice and him got together . Well miss you Hank !!!!

Michael Ballack

Second Unit
I am shocked and saddened by this news. I kept waiting for Howard to say it was a joke, but then I checked eonline.com and realized that it was true. I'm sad and shocked, but I guess I should have seen this coming. Hand would drink more than normal people did and he has such a small body. I can't blame him though. Even though many Dwarves make good lives for themselves, I would probably be like Hank and Drink like crazy too. Bye Hank. "Go have sex with your mutha!"
frown.gif

------------------
Michael's DVD's
[Edited last by Michael Ballack on September 05, 2001 at 06:42 AM]

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
RIP Hank. An angry, but helluva sweet guy.
I think my favorite episode was the one where Hank meets Crazy Alice... and falls for her! I remember Crazy Alice going off on a long line of callers-in (F you, M-F'er!) as Hank looks on lovingly, clearly smitten with her charms.
So, screw off ya retahded quahog!

Rob T

Screenwriter
If you live in NYC, I, Hank's family and THE SHOW wuld really appreciate it if you could leave something at Hank's memorial outside the K-ROCK studio on 56th street. Basically, anything to do with alcohol, women or Hank in general will do. :)
Link Removed

Rob T

Screenwriter
The memorial to Hank is still outside the K-ROCK studios on 56th street if you want to go and leave something at it.
The funeral will be open to the public. I'll get the details on it later.
The news of the cause of death also just came in. He died of 1-seizure disorder 2-alcohol abuse and chondrodystropy (a growth disorder).

Rob T

Screenwriter
heres the funeral and wake info courtesy of marksfriggin.com
Wake/Funeral information:
The Wake for Hank will be Friday, September 7, 2001 at:
Herbert/Hathaway Funeral Home
945 South Main Street
Fall River, MA.
Time: 4pm-8pm
(The public will be welcome)
The Funeral Service for Hank will be Saturday, Sept. 8, 2001 at:
St. Anthony of the Desert Church
300 Northeastern Avenue
Fall River, MA
Time: 10:00am
(The public will be welcome)
THE BURIAL SERVICE FOR HANK WILL BE PRIVATE.
Only family and close friends will be permitted at this service.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks