What's new

Grand Theft Auto III for GameCube (1 Viewer)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
PlanetGameCube reports:
PGC’s mailboxes have been overflowing with emails all asking the same question, almost daily. What could be the burning question on the minds of gamers everwhere?
“WILL GRAND THEFT AUTO III COME TO GAMECUBE?!?”
It’s understandable that people are wigging out. DMA Design’s third GTA is by far the craziest, and certainly one of the most outrageous games released to date. It's not just about gobs of mature content: GTAIII offers an almost unprecedented amount of freedom for a game. You can literally do just about anything—whether you’ll get away with it or live to tell about it is another matter entirely. Cube owners without PS2s rightfully have a reason to be jealous. But maybe not anymore... The latest issue of Game Informer magazine includes a very exciting tidbit that makes it look like Cube owners will soon be able to go on the crime spree for themselves:
“Rockstar's amazing success with Grand Theft Auto III is going to the company's head. Ideas are already being dreamt up an even worked on for Grand Theft Auto IV as we speak. In the meantime, all you Gamecube owners can rest easy, as Rockstar is working on GTA III for you guys which should be out before this fall.”
PGC has been unable to independently confirm this, though it seems very, very likely. GTAIII has been enormously successful for Rockstar/Take Two and versions of the popular game are heading to GBA and X-Box. A GameCube version makes perfect sense—and this news seemingly confirms that Nintendo is willing to let such a mature title grace the GameCube.
http://www.planetgamecube.com/news.c...n=item&id=2504
-----------
I don't know about you other 'Cubers out there (you know who you are) but this game has been tempting me sooo bad to buy a PS2 (I loved GTA and GTA2). So here is a ray of hope for a Nintendo version... please take it as a grain of salt.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
hey MODS... I just realized that this should probably be in GAMING SOFTWARE, please move it if you get a chance... thank you
Love, Rob ;)

Ike

Screenwriter
I have a better chance of making it through hell with a bag of party ice than the Gamecube spinning a copy of GTA III. But, I could be wrong. ;)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Ike, you're not wrong. Zero chance of GTA3 coming to the GameCube.

And I mean *zero*. All the petitions in the world won't make it happen.

I don't know about you other 'Cubers out there (you know who you are) but this game has been tempting me sooo bad to buy a PS2 (I loved GTA and GTA2). So here is a ray of hope for a Nintendo version... please take it as a grain of salt.
Planet GameCube are 100% wrong. If you want GTA3, buy a PS2 or wait for the PC version. It ain't coming for the GameCube.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I don't what GTA3 would be like if it ever came out on the Cube. I believe that all games for the Cube are rated "Teen" or lower.

Paul Richardson

Second Unit
I don't what GTA3 would be like if it ever came out on the Cube. I believe that all games for the Cube are rated "Teen" or lower.
All the games that are currently available, yes. However there are several "Mature" rated games on the way, including Eternal Darkness and the Resident Evil series.
Also, although the above quotes are from Planet Gamecube, if you read the article you'll see that the actual information comes from "Gaming Insider" magazine, and implies the information comes straight from the head of Rockstar. Not the same as an official announcement, but it certainly bears reporting.

Bergan Peters

Stunt Coordinator
It's coming to the X-Box in March, and it will NEVER come out for the Kidtendo game cube. Ill bet a gamecube on it.

Jay W

Supporting Actor
and it will NEVER come out for the Kidtendo game cube.
Are these kind of comments absolutely necessary? Plus, can you be so kind as to link the official announcement for it coming out for the Xbox in march? It was actually removed from the release schedule @ rockstar games for the Xbox not too long ago iirc.

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Bergan, nah, but it's immature and stinks of fanboy.
BTW, is your name Brian? Brian developed the first two GTAs and he is in the know. That's why I directed the question toward him...
So Brian?? :D

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The only way we'll see GTA3 on the GameCube is if Nintendo buys the publishing rights from Rockstar or pays them a lot of money to port it. The X-Box and PS2 have a different demographic than the GameCube (PS2 and XB are aiming at late teens and older males, whereas the GameCube is trying to get everyone).

I seriously doubt that GTA3 will come out for the GameCube. If it does, good for Rockstar and Nintendo, but if it doesn't, I have a PS2 anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks