What's new

Goonies on TBS, uncut (1 Viewer)

Anthony Liz

Stunt Coordinator
I've never seen the uncut version, but TBS is playing Goonies right now with the uncut scenes; finally! :)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
seriously, drop a few bones on the sweet new Goonies DVD unless you don't have a DVD player. If that's the case, buy a DVD player then grab Gonnies!

Anthony Liz

Stunt Coordinator
Umm, I have the DVD, and I've seen the deleted scenes that came with it, but I just finished watching the movie on TV and there was more on TV then there was on the DVD, but not by much. Plus, I've never seen it with the scenes ADDED. On the DVD they are features and not part of the movie.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
So after all this time, TBS goes from their truncated, non-dubbed (they silenced out the "bad" words) theatrical version and went to the edited for TV, dubbed edition?

No thanks, I got the dvd.
For some reason, the "deleted scenes" on the DVD are not complete. The "Stop and Snack" scene is longer in the TV cut that ran on the Disney channel and is probably running on TBS...

Their website still shows this running in a 2-hour time slot, however, and the full "TV safe" version with the extra footage was 2 hours already. Anyone tape this tonight?

Brett Cameron

Stunt Coordinator
TNT/TBS seems to show two different versions of The Goonies. If it's listed as running 2 hours, its the theatrical version(of course pan and scan,edited for content) but it's edited for time- I'm pretty sure the scene with them messing with the water pipes is cut and when Andy kisses Mikey- and extremely time compressed. If it listed for 2 and a half hours it contains the deleted scenes and its not edited for time, and its dubbed instead of muting the profanity. Today The Goonies was on again, but it was the 2 hour time slot version. Did they put any other scenes on the tv version(besides the original full snack bar version, which is cut short on the dvd to prevent fan made extended versions) that were not on the dvd?

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Hey!
I watched the Goonies on TBS the other nite and it seems like to time compress, they didnt just speed it up or clip the end of scenes or shots, it looked like they actually snipped frames inbetween dialog BUT in the same SHOT!!
There were subtle little jerks where the characters seemed to just be like the vamps in Interview with The Vampire.
THIS is a HORRIBLE new way to time compress!
Not a fan of the other either, the subtle speeding up of the tape. It's easy to notice especiialy when music is going on as the pitch goes up!
Peace! D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks