What's new

Goodfellas SE (MERGED THREAD) (1 Viewer)

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
Patrick, where did hear that a Goodfellas SE is going to be released in MAY?
Isn't it a bit late for May announcements already ? I think we will be seeing it in the second half of the year with the other Warner special edition reissues (An American in Paris, Singin' in the Rain, Amadeus, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, etc).

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Earliest I see "Goodfellas" coming is this fall. The 2-disc "Amadeus SE" should be coming out before it. This is just speculation though. I refuse to cave in and get that horrible disc out there.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
You can't go wrong buying the current version to hold you over until the SE comes out.
Well, if you've held out until now (mostly on the assumption that a glorious SE was forthcoming) such as I have, renting is a much more sensible option. I want, want, want this film...but, I am not going to buy the flipper now just to repurchase it again in 6 months (fingers crossed).

Bruce

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Didn't The Digital Bits say it's coming in the spring?

I apologize if I'm wrong...but I'm sure it's coming out this year.

The movie is definately great, but the disc isn't very good. It's at least OAR, but it looks lacks in image definition. The sound is excellent, though.

Matthew Kiernan

Stunt Coordinator
Producer/director Irwin Winkler gives an interview to DVD Empire where he discusses the new DVDs for LIFE AS A HOUSE and THE NET. He also confirms that he's done commentary on an upcoming GOODFELLAS DVD. Here's the link:
www.dvdempire.com/Content/irwin.asp
(Wiknler, for those who don't know, also produced GOODFELLAS.)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I'm holding my breath in anticipation that Warner will release all of Scorcese's films when they release this SE. Please Warner, make it happen!

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
That's funny....what do ya mean funny....funny like a clown, do I amuse you....

I know I probably have this line messed up, but I can't wait for this. Ring one up for me!!!!

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
I heard a heavenly chorus just now. The angels in Heaven have spoke today and they spake unto me: "How the ***k am I funny? What the ***k is so funny about me?"
Goodfellas can officially be taken off my "don't buy yet" list. Now if we can keep it out of cardboard, the angels may sing another song. ;)
As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks