What's new

General Stargate questions (1 Viewer)

Arild

Supporting Actor
Yeah... it really is.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

I love seeing how the whole stargate "universe" ties together like that. Just seeing Sheppard and Mitchell next to each other makes it kind of a "whoa..." moment for me. Not to mention them defeating both an Ori and a Wraith ship at the same time. It also gives us our fist taste of any type of victory over the Ori. Until this point it's just been, as Mitchell put it, "a lot of winning by the bad guys".

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'll miss 'em, since I didn't watch Farscape. ;)

Yep. Kawhooshing the Ori ship was awesome. I knew it was coming, but it was still cool.

The Ori ships remind me of the Space Quest jockstrap Deepship:

Arild

Supporting Actor
If JediFonger is referring to what I'm thinking of, then - unless you're completely clueless regarding Farscape, you won't miss it. It's about as subtle as a sledgehammer to the face.

(but if you do miss it, don't feel bad - the line immediately following the scene in question indicates that you're not alone) :D

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Okay, even I couldn't have missed the Farscape reference! :D

When the episode started and the Furlings showed up right after "previously" was intoned, I was on the verge of pausing and hitting the episode guides. How could I have missed THAT? Then, Sam said, "That never happened!" :laugh:

In the spirit of that crazy episode, here's a look at some of what's on Thor's iPod:

You Ascend Me
Selmak the Knife
Tau'ri, Tau'ri Night
Smoke Gets In Your Chappa'ai
Three Times a Reetu
Unas That Lovin' Feelin'
See You Later Replicator
Nox Three Times
Pegasus o' My Heart
Goa'uld Dust Woman
One Tok'ra Over the Line
Show Me the Wraith
Comtrya Little Tenderness
I Wanna Hold Your Hand Device
Why Can't I Be Yu?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Progeny and The Real World. These two have me a little concerned. I was not that fond of the human-form replicators on SG-1, and I understand they become a big part of the show from now on. I hope I like it better than I expect to.

They really blew the game with the Real World by having John O'Callaghan's name in the opening credits. I knew right then that the replicators were creating the illusion (though, I thought maybe his hand was in her head).

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

Thanks.

I seem to see most Stargate things eye to eye with you, so I'll just sit back and enjoy Atlantis as I have done.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm not terribly far from the end of S10/S3, so I was hoping to walk into a store and pick up the new double feature Ark of Truth/Continuum. Looks like nobody's going to carry it in-store. Borders, Walmart and Best Buy all say "online only," and Fry's didn't have it. I guess it's either order it online or buy the individual discs.

I should pace myself anyway. I've been ripping through them since I always have more to watch, but now it won't be long until I hit the waiting time until Atlantis S5 comes out. A date hasn't even been announced yet.

I had to chuckle when the village disappeared in Line in the Sand and Colonel Reynolds said, "We've got the craziest job in the world." And then when the guy who got zatted when the Atlantis crew stole a jumper was Silar. That guy is hapless! :laugh:

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
lulz yeah, great character. i think he is the special fx dude/stunt man i think. i luv how certain shows incorporate the actual crew in their cast (like X-File's lonegunman guy).

as u head towards latter seasons, i just have to say that the visual fx on latter seasons of SG-1 as well as SGA overall has been mind-blowingly awesome =P given the TV budget. just my 2cents. i especially luved how SGA dealt with:

the ending of the replicators by eliminating the entire planet full of them. that effect was cool.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
TSoD has Atlantis S5 due on June 30. That should mean I'll have about three months to have to wait between when I finish S4 and the release. On the plus side, there should be plenty of time to watch it before SGU starts up.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I watched Bounty last night. Great stuff! I can't believe this episode seems to get somewhat low ratings online, because I thought it was hilarious. Especially the way Daniel lost his attacker. :laugh: "Peter DeLuise for ass President." I need to see a list of episodes he directed, because most of them are great.

Ordered the Ark/Continuum two-pack. Hopefully will be here before I need it, which will be soon. I can wait if I must.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention Sam's dress in the Road Not Taken. Holy snikes! :eek:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Arild, you said that Ark comes after S10/S3 and before S4, but it looks like it was released a week after S4 ended. Did I misunderstand, or was it delayed? Is there some kind of content that makes it preferrable to see it before S4?

Arild

Supporting Actor
You understood correctly, AoT comes before S4 chronologically. It was shot around the same time, but released a while later (for marketing reasons, I believe). IIRC, though, there aren't any specific references to AoT in SGA until the fifth season. The only reason it matters chronologically is because of Carter's whereabouts in S4.

(And in case I didn't mention this before; Continuum definitely comes directly after the first episode of S5)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Oh, I see. She's still tooling around with SG-1 at that point and then I will find out how she gets to Atlantis. Cool. I planned to watch in your suggested order anyway, but now I know why it makes sense. And, I will definitely hold off on watching Continuum until I get S5.

I spoiled myself last night after watching Sunday.

The writer said in the commentary to look for online interviews to know the whys of McGillion's ouster. In searching for that, I found out that we haven't seen the last of him. :frowning:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Well, it's the end of an era. I have finally watched SG-1 in its entirety, minus the followup movies. It's been a long, fun road. Judging from the first post in this thread, I started watching in late August/early September and am just wrapping things up six months later. Wow! It's difficult to believe that that much time has passed. I watched fairly regularly, so I guess 200+ episodes just takes a while.

As I stated back then, I had previously watched seasons one through seven. I thought season seven was a chore when I first watched it, but I enjoyed it this time. In fact, there wasn't really a time when I wasn't enjoying what I was seeing. Hell, I even came to like Vala, which I would have swore was never going to happen when she was a recurring character.

The final episode was a good one, but it was a little shocking that it didn't really move the ball forward. I figured they'd clean most things up and Ark would take care of what was left over. Instead, it's got to do all the heavy lifting. I can only assume they had a guarantee from Sci-Fi that they could do a wrapup movie. Either that, or they hoped for the best and figured they'd have to leave things dangling if they didn't get the greenlight.

I'm not sure what to think of the one major development in Unending, but it has made me look forward to this weekend when I should get a chance to screen Ark.

I guess Teal'c is about as old as Bra'tac now, or maybe a little older. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out beyond him having a skunk stripe in his hair.

The whole episode played like a hat tip to Star Trek to me. The premise was similar to Inner Light, and it was almost literally a ship-in-a-bottle episode. Then, there was the fact that the Asgardian technology that was presumably lost when time was reversed was very Trekian--especially the replicator-like tech. It's too bad they didn't get a holodeck to play with for fifty years.
I kind of hope this technology *is* just intended for the unrealized future of this episode so things don't cross too far into Trek territory.

It's sad that the Asgardians were done away with. I love those little guys and especially Thor. Since I still have some Carter to look forward to on Atlantis, it's Shanks who I am going to miss seeing on a regular basis. The scene where he laid Vala bare was devastating.

Oh, and the episode ending with a big reset button was very Trekian, too. :D But, with consequences this time.

Anyway, it's been fun, but reaching the end is a little sad. I still have two seasons of Atlantis, the movies, and Universe to look forward to, though.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
when i started watching SG-1, there were only 9 seasons. i did that in 6 weeks while going to college fulltime and working fulltime (yes i'm nuts). then i did SGA afterwards. it's a very entertaining show. i luv sci-fi anything and this show just fills in that need like no other.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks