What's new

FOX, what happened the thr Rodgers & Hammerstein releases for 2010??? (2 Viewers)

Greg_M

Screenwriter
last year Fox announced more R&H in 2010. So far only "the Sound of Music" is on the way (and not until December) where are the others?

"Oklahoma!"
"Carousel"
"The King and I"

and what about "Hello Dolly!" this Todd-AO film would look great on Blu-Ray

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Preparing these for Blu-Ray isn't cheap with the standards that Fox set for themselves with The Robe and South Pacific and Fox seems to have adopted a wait and see approach where they release a classic movie and wait to see how many copies are sold before deciding on their next move.

So it could be that South Pacific was not that much of a success and now Fox goes for a release of their most successful musical ever to move some discs with this release.

The same could be true for The Robe and the delayed release of The Agony and the Ecstasy and Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines.

So while I think all of the titles you mentioned would look very good on Blu-Ray as well as the two titles I mentioned above I have my doubts that we would see even one more R+H musical this year. A candidate for a relatively cheap release would be another musical by the way: Can-Can has been scanned in 8k recently and a release would probably cost much less than the R+H musicals but then it is also one of the less popular Fox musicals with sales expected to be rather low.

Originally Posted by Greg_M

last year Fox announced more R&H in 2010. So far only "the Sound of Music" is on the way (and not until December) where are the others?

"Oklahoma!"
"Carousel"
"The King and I"

and what about "Hello Dolly!" this Todd-AO film would look great on Blu-Ray

GerardoHP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerardo Paron
If they're going to put Oklahoma on Bluray, they have got to restore the Todd-AO version. The last issue of that version was a shameful mess and the worst transfer of that or any year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks