What's new

Fox Consumer Affairs says NYPD Blue to be released by an unconfirmed studio (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
About a month ago I fired off an email to Fox Consumer Affairs over whether or not the series would see the release of the its remaining seasons and following the last few weeks, Gord and Dave had informed me that they had contacted Fox Home Video in which they said they still had the rights to release the series on DVD.

Well, just today, I received a follow-up message to an email I fired off a few days ago asking about an update on whether or not this information was accurate and they sent me the following reply:

Hopefully, the season sets will, once again, be on the horizon, but hopefully, it'll be forthcoming soon.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
It would be nice if this new studio could get ahold of "Hill Street Blues" as well.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
As of yet, I have no idea what's going on. First they told me and TV Showson DVD that they still have the rights but this followup email reply I received indicates that the rights have shifted to a new studio for release.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I wonder if the other company was why Fox got so lazy with the show. They pulled the same thing with Dynasty, leaving it in limbo for 2 1/2 years before Paramount put s2 out

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I don't know but Fox had season 5 on tap for release when Season 4 was released but Season 5 was never released. Chances are, ther emay be a possibility that in late 2006 that the rights to the series may have actually shifted to another studio.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

I am so anxious for this to happen. GoodLife has just started Hill St. Blues Season 3 and I realized how much more I would enjoy this season and all remaining seasons on disc.

Great news for Blue fans.

Doug

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike

Just wondering ... what is Fox's e-mail address? I've searched and searched all over for it and couldn't find it. Their website doesn't provide it. I would really like to send an e-mail telling them to release the remaining seasons of Green Acres and The Mary Tyler Moore Show.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew

That's not quite the same. Fox lost all of their rights to Paramount thus saw no reason to exploit a property they knew they would soon lose.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Geez, I hope this is the case for NYPD Blue and The Mary Tyler Moore Show. I desperately want to own the remaining seasons of these two shows.

David Levine

Supporting Actor

It doesn't sound like the rights shifted to me. More likely they still own them, had no plans to release the rest, and decided to license out the remaining seasons to an independent studio.

Curtis F

Stunt Coordinator
I hope this is true. At this point, I wouldn't put a lot of faith in it. Maybe when they announce which studio will be releasing it, I'll believe it. I will stay cautiously optimistic, however.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I'm really hoping that if a new studio does, indeed, start the series where Fox left off. I'd hate to buy the first four seasons all over again.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
Fox still produces season 1 on DVD tho, I saw some season 1 and 2 combo packs when 2 came out. I remember when Viacom hands switched from Warner to Paramount, it didn't make them release South Park any slower, Warner instead was glad to make as much as they could off SP before Paramount took over.

You'd think Fox would've wanted to cash in on Alexis since season 2 is where Dynasty really took off in popularity.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Would like to see it happen, but that statement doesn't tell us much.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks