What's new

Fistful Of Dollars on Blu-Ray? (1 Viewer)

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter

Cool, and I hope you're right--Fox's pricing I can (barely) deal with, but how they treat bonus features is always the deal breaker for me.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

Yes, but is "Fox" the one making all decisions when it comes to titles, audio, extras, etc, even in MGM-releases? Not sure that can we "blame MGM" for "Fox-titles" and "blame Fox" for "MGM-titles". Whatever happens, we blame them for something, of course....

;)

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter

Sure, as Jim K noted above. And, as I mentioned to him, I desperately hope you're right. Man, nothing could send the message better to Fox if MGM releases with bonus features done right sailed off the shelves, but Fox titles with absent or truncated extras just sat there. Bummer if Fox still holds the noose of pricing...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Patton and the Sand Pebbles are coming soon.

not a new release so i guess those are for the ps3ers.

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter

Good to hear, since the SD restorations of the DOLLARS trilogy didn't quite go the distance for me (in comparison with, say, the SD of ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST); having said that, I get a little nervous about studios going the cheaper route of digital restoration, since the available film negative(s) are still left fading away as the years go by...

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
I'm glad to see that there's a new restoration underway, since those SD/HD screencaps in the link posted above are less than impressive.

Shame it's a digital restoration though, they should have gone all out for the release of these films...

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
These movies are some of my most wanted releases. For A Few Dollars More is one of my favorite movies but I held off buying the rereleases in hopes of a Blu-Ray Leone boxset. I really hope we get the original mono audio tracks and a branching option for TGTBTU. That would make me very happy.

Wha...Wha...Whaaaaaaaa!

Kris Z.

Stunt Coordinator
It's too bad Warner doesn't have the rights to these films or maybe they could have included them in their batch of 4k restorations. That "restoration" linked to sounds like it could be dangerously close to a de-graining job a la Lowry. Hopefully they won't decide to "fix" anything but the dirt and film damage.

And I think the quality of the Italian BD is perfectly fine for film from 1964 by the way. I would have no problem buying a release which looked like that.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I hope these are coming very soon. I've been holding off the new DVD's that were released in the US last Summer. I really wanted that box set!

Hopefully they are doing something extra for them.

I'd like to get The Leone box set on Blu Ray. Trying to be patient, but I saw Fistful of Dollars, For A Few Dollars More and The Good The Bad and The Ugly on DVD for $9.99 each at Costco.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks