What's new

first big mac in about a year ..... (1 Viewer)

KerryK

Stunt Coordinator
I've been a vegetarian for about 10 years, and I recently ate a Big Mac. (long story) It was nasty! I definitely remember them tasting better. I mentioned it to my friend and she told me she thought they'd been getting worse also. Makes me feel better about what I've been "missing" out. But I also around the same time had a mozza burger at A&W and that wasn't bad. But not as good as the veggie burger at Harveys. (Or Licks, for those in Ontario. Best veggie burgers ever. But not the ones they sell in the grocery store. Only the ones at the restaurant.)

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
I haven't ate at McDees for over 5+ years and will take chances at any restaurant over them. Their food line up is sub par at best and not much of a bargin.

If you make it to/thru Wichita, Ks I'd highly recommend Spangles for a nostalgic atmosphere but if you want a truly nostalgic burger (grease is good, what is a healthy burger?) then go to Bionic Burger. Both make much better food imho than McDees, BK, and Wendys and very price comparative.

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu

As I recall, there was a Simpsons episode which I'm sure accurately detailed how they make it.

I know there's been several other hamburger threads here, but I didn't see this one brought up, and have only learnt of it recently, how is Fatburgers' food?

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
I've had the Big Mac Jr. Its basically a circumsized big mac with only one patty and the sauce. I like them though. One thing I've always been pissed about in the NYC area is that they increased the price of double cheeseburgers to $1.50, and in some McD's the dont even have 99 cents menus! Especially when you get to Manhattan.

I've been to Johhny Rocket's once...it was delicious, especially the strawberry milkshakes. I've been trying to recreate that to no avail. I'm also a fan of White Castle. 4 double cheeseburgers with chicken rings...damn near orgasmic.

Some of the posts have me intrigued though...Fudruckers and Fatburger. These are foreign to me. ;)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
fatburger is pretty good. not sure how to describe it. they're pretty big, fresh toppings, flavorful patties, and (it's been a while) i think some kind of sauce.

i do remember eating them quite a bit when i lived in LA. and i'm kinda picky about my fast-food, so i know they're good. ;)

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
In the dining capitol of the Southeast the Augusta GA area, I recommend Gary's : they are slow as hell, you could starve to death waiting in the drive-through, but they make each burger from scratch, and I think they use real meat. Tastes good.

Also, across the river in North Augusta, the Sno-Cap , the last of the real Drive-Ins. Back in the day (1967-1969, would you believe) I was there every Fri & Sat night in my LeMans. The waitresses used to roller skate your order out, but now it's just walked. They still have great burgers and the root beer floats are first class.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint

Maybe their milk is going sour?

The last Big Mac I ate gave me the McRuns. I like Backyard Burger but they have too much bone bits in their burgers. Every three or four bites and you find a hard bit you have to spit out. Usually I eat pizza or a salad, but if I'm get a burger I make a little extra time and get a Denny's bacon cheddar burger. It's about $7 but worth every penny.

Jasmine Meathe

Stunt Coordinator
I must admit I love me some McD's:) I'll totally get the ususal burger and fries now and then but sometimes I'll have their grilled chicken cobb salads too, aka adult happy meals-yummy.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

You actually think there's milk in there somewhere?

There's a reason they're called "shakes" on the menu, instead of "milkshakes." :eek:

BridgetJZ

Second Unit
I just had the new chicken selects from McD...not bad...especially w/ the honey mustard sauce.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks