What's new

first big mac in about a year ..... (1 Viewer)

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
theted, you could take like 10 Tommy's off our hands. Back in the day, Tommy's was one of the few late night choices. Now, at 3:00 a.m, you have options. There are taco stands in L.A. that taste pretty damn good after a late night of partying.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
The new angus burger at bk is good. But Johnny Rockets is easily the best burger joint.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
I like BK's new Spicy Tendercrisp Chicken Sandwich. Wendy's Spicy Chicken used to be a favorite of mine, but BK's version outclasses it in just about every way imaginable.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
true that. i've been to so many tommy's it's silly. burbank, LA proper, puente hills....

just thinking about that greasy chili, oil dripping through the wrapping ....
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

They should seize the opportunity to market the new "Neapolitan" shake. :)

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Until last week, it had been about 8 years since I'd had ANYTHING from McDonalds. BK is just SO much better. I prefer the way they cook their meat, and the meat is also of a much higher quality. But I was volunteering somewhere last week, and the people bought us food. It was a Big Mac, and out of politeness I accepted it. Wasn't as bad as I remembered it, but it was still not near as good as BK.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
I don't mind the occasional BigMac, but yeah... BK is SO superior.

What I don't understand is all the American burger joints that we do NOT have up in Canuckland. (Or at least in Alberta...)

I've never seen an In-N-Out up here, nor a Jack-In-The-Box, nor a Fatburger. I'm sure there are others as well. (Had my first Jack burger a couple of years ago...damn tasty!)

Rumour has it that Fatburger is thinking about opening a store in Calgary. Lookin' forward to it. :D (First KrispyKreme opened a lone store... now Fatburger... wondering what's next?)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

A lot of America doesn't have those either. The only truly nationwide chains are McDonald's, Burger King, and Wendy's. The rest are just regional.

I've never seen any of those you listed. I saw and ate at Fuddruckers for the first time while in Myrtle Beach, SC, a couple years ago.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
ohh...fuddruckers! haven't been to one of those in years either! i remember liking them, but i'll have to go back and refresh my memory...

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
I thought the McChicken sandwich "sauce" was just mayo :confused:

And although I like the construct of the BigMac (meat, onions, little lettuce, pickles, 1000 islands dressing...er...I mean 'Secret Sauce';) ). Whenever I order one they always seem to be cold :frowning:

So I just buy a bottle of Kraft 1k Islands at the grocery store and make my own anytime I grill burgers. (I use one big patty instead of two small ones tho').:emoji_thumbsup:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yeah, I've never heard of any special sauce for McChicken either, unless they do something different in Canada. Here it's just mayo.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi

It's the worst burger I've ever had. One bite into it, and I didn't feel like finishing it at all.

~T

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
The thing about Burger King is the artificial smoke flavor they apply to the burgers in order to pump up the ‘flame’ effect.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
McChickens just have mayo on them here, too. McChicken sauce???

I did notice when I got a McChicken in L.A. on our honeymoon trip that it was much spicier than our Michigan version.

Personally, I never liked McD's. Their burgers are sub-par, their chicken sandwiches are only tolerable, etc. I do end up with McD's breakfast every now and again at about 4-5am, when I'm up late.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
McChicken sauce, apparently is mayo with a bit of onion powder in a recipie i saw...

but yeah, its definitely not just plain old mayo... ask for it next time ;)

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
+

:laugh: :laugh:

Dude, that's my old neighborhood! Beach-Ball (I know, ghhhhhettttt-ooooo) They changed the name to Tom's and now you get a hair in every taco. The Hairy Taco, as we call it now, just isn't the same. Don't get over to the Stanton area that much anymore.

Tito's Taco was so flippin' grubbin'

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen

Good to know. Now my inner-fast-food-fanatic doesn't feel so left out. ;)

What about Harveys? Is that a regional and/or Canadian chain? Haven't seen it mentioned. Damn tasty. :)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I haven't had a Big Mac in two years. But I remember loving them in high school.

I like the Bacon Mushroom Angus burger at Hardee's though.

But my favorite all-time fast food burger is still the Wendy's Triple with double the meat. I douse that thing in Tobasco sauce.

My favorite restaurant burger (I rarely order burgers. I order steak, ribs, and other things at restaurants) is definitely Fudruckers. I get the big pound burger, and throw pico, tobasco, lettuce, onion, a pickle, and maybe Worchester sauce if the burger isn't falling apart yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks