Diana M

Agent
I'm going to check this out tomorrow
Just because of Joss
Here is a good review from a Boston paper
Link Removed

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
I think its a fair assumption that most of the Buffy / Angel community will be giving Firefly its fair shot tomorrow, becuase of the Joss factor.
I've kept all the reviews / spoilers / etc out of my sight so I could make my own opinion, so I'm pretty psyched...
JQ

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
All hail Lord Whedon and the third incarnation of His perfection :)
Baptisms will be held following the show :D
Lama Lama Ding Dong!

Eric C D

Second Unit
Is this message going to morph into the official thread? So what's the title going to be? Is Mr. Kleist taking nominations?
FireFlicous anyone? ;)
Eric

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Though I'm hardly a Joss Whedon looney like my pal Jeff, I gotta admit this show looks pretty damn cool.
So cool that I'll probably love it before they cancel it after 6 weeks. ;)

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I'm actually curious about this show because I really know nothing about it except what the brief commercials say. I think its on a bad night though...friday and saturday nights are not good nights to have new tv shows.

Danny R

Supporting Actor
I'm going to watch the show, but the WAF is really low thus far. (probably because of the cosmic hooker and nekid girl in a box)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Eric, actaully that's been something I've been debating

Should the thread be "The (Hopefully) Eternal (SECRET ADJECTIVE) Thread"

Or shoud I hope that Fox isn't going to cancel it?
Frankly, I have no faith that Fox won't kill it, as they have done EVERY SINGLE hardcore sci-fi show they've ever had

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I think unless this one is great in the opening weekend, it'll be canned, but I'll be watching. Sadly, I'm working this Friday, and I'll miss it, but I'm throwing a tape in. :) Can't wait.
Also, FOX was originally going to air this 4:3 (despite being frame for the 16:9 aspect ratio), however all the tv spots I've seen are in widescreen. So that's a good thing.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Jeff,
We could call it "the inevitable excuse me but your Firefly is open thread" until we have confirmation of a second season. :)
Regards,

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
yay I won't miss this one tonight. i don't work until next friday.
I'm actually going into my first job (16 years old) and am planning to save up for college, and an XBOX (for what game you ask? I'll give you two choices, and one hint! Buffy - Not Buffy, and here's the hint, it's not "not Buffy")
Hopefully, FIREFLY won't bomb, because it really does look like a good show, and I'm looking forward to seeing it. Here's hoping for the DVD release in the next few years... :)

Travis_S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis
Well I was entertained by this episode. It was a little slow at the beginning but it picked up at the end. Loved the part at the end with the henchman. I'd love to have seen the original pilot first, though. I'll definitly be watching next week.

CharlesD

Screenwriter
I was impressed, it was fun & well written and showed some imagination. I'm looking forward to next week and hopefully it can keep the momentum going for the rest of the season.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I felt is suffered a bit from "written in a weekend" syndrome, but that only lowered it to great ;). In the beginning I was feeling some disturbing Cowboy Bebop parallels, but it dissipated the farther we got into it. A lot of setup for the future in classic Jossian fashion. Let's see where the regular crew takes it
I'm sure Jason Seaver will be in here to naysay soon :)

Barry Woodward

Second Unit
I thought it was great! The only problem I had was the episode seemed to reference things that took place in the 2 part pilot and I wish Fox had aired it first. I wanted to see how the crew ended up together. Now let's just hope it can survive the ratings gauntlet. If you know someone with a ratings box make them watch! Hold them at gun point if you have to!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks