What's new

Firefly Season 2 Talks (1 Viewer)

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor
I'd like to see more, but seriously doubt it. If there is no CBS2 or Fox2 network, maybe all those old tribune/fox stations left over from the CW merger will be enough to produce a syndicated version, since there seems to be a ton more independent stations because of it...

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
While I have serious doubts that his efforts will actually lead to a Firefly (2) series, I agree with Robert that I think the TV landscape is on the verge of a big revolution - and those that can get in on the ground floor have a great opportunity.

I think direct-to-video (ex. Itunes) can be a big boon for the right show. Sci-fi would loan itself well since the audience would have more die-hard fans in the makeup - more willing to support sponsers, similar to NASCAR fans. The only problem, though, would be the startup costs, as sci-fi is generally more expensive than other type of shows.

But DVD sales of TV shows is already a hot market, and the possiblity of watching first-run episodes with commericals breaking up the action every few minutes, I think would be very enticing to people. Figure out how to do promotion, and I think DTV / DTD will become VERY popular.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
It's probably BS...But, I could see where CW might want to bring in a show thats has a strong fan base.

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
interesting..

The CW now has more $$$ and resources at its disposal. It would be something else if the show started up again.

Mary_P

Second Unit
Boy, it sure didn't take long for this one to get ALL OVER the net....! Let the wild speculation begin!

Actually, the one bit of not-so-wild speculation I've heard that kinda makes sense to me is that Universal and Paramount are related companies in some countries, and the DVD is being released in Australia today, the UK on the 27th. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that the actors were doing phone interviews in support of the DVD release.

Mind you, I'd be extremely pleased if we did get another series. I just find it hard to believe that the studio would be meeting with the *actors* about that.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member

Again, even though it's nothing more than speculation... why on earth wouldn't they meet with the talent involved? That's like only speaking to Joss about UPN and WB and the moving of Buffy. Sarah Michelle Gellar and the others all had to be involved as well.

Again, not completely ridiculous... but a reboot on THE CW might not be ridiculous to imagine. It's a series that pulled in 5 million on FOX fridays, and has shown strong legs for 15 episodes of reruns on sci-fi. The movie and DVD sets of the show pull in new people every day. Whether or not the show would actually be a hit, or would last very long is one thing... but considering the new network has very few established shows to be putting on... it's not ridiculous to imagine them taking such a project into consideration.

It'll be interesting to see possibilities begin unfolding.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

Actually, if you take the hit shows from both the WB and UPN you get a pretty solid slate. Sure, their shows don't pull in the sheer number ov viewers as the big four, but demographically they're doing very well. There's room for new shows, but both networks had pilots ordered when they were trying to schedule both networks individually, which gives them quite a few shows to choose from to fill the holes on one network.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks