What's new

'Firefly' getting reunion TV special, filming at Comic-Con (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
This is good news. As long as there is interest, and the show stays "alive" it gives us more hope for a possible new series somewhere down the line. Whedon already stated in an interview shortly after 'The Avengers' phenomenal success that if he could choose anytning, he would be on board Serenity. Obviously he isn't done with our big damn heroes.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'd love to see further adventures, but since some of the crew died in Serenity, I wouldn't feel quite right with replacements.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
MattH. said:
I'd love to see further adventures, but since some of the crew died in Serenity, I wouldn't feel quite right with replacements.
Well, if he did revisit this, there's nothing to say it couldn't take place before Serenity
There's definitely a time gap between the series 'end' and Serenity
David

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by David Weicker /t/322255/firefly-getting-reunion-tv-special-filming-at-comic-con#post_3948701
Well, if he did revisit this, there's nothing to say it couldn't take place before Serenity
There's definitely a time gap between the series 'end' and Serenity
David

LOL! I need to rewatch Serenity. I didn't realize that.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
There's also a few continuity issues between the series and the movie, too. Especially how River was sprung from her "school" and when that actually happened.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Continuity can always be revised... how many times have we seen a dream sequence fix it. I'd like to see more Firefly someday.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
The biggest continuity error was that during the series Mal was a reasonably good guy and decent captain. In the movie he was a total dick and had very little in common with the character in the series other than he looked and sounded like him.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Chuck Anstey /t/322255/firefly-getting-reunion-tv-special-filming-at-comic-con#post_3948996
The biggest continuity error was that during the series Mal was a reasonably good guy and decent captain. In the movie he was a total dick and had very little in common with the character in the series other than he looked and sounded like him.

I guess I didn't notice this. Considering the series had pretty well laid out Mel's past with the inner planets, and his side on the rebellion, I wasn't at all surprised to see him take a chance to shove one back down their throat. Loved the series & movie

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
mattCR said:
I guess I didn't notice this.   Considering the series had pretty well laid out Mel's past with the inner planets, and his side on the rebellion, I wasn't at all surprised to see him take a chance to shove one back down their throat.  Loved the series & movie
The fighting back was fine. It was the way he treated his crew and even his speech to find Miranda. At some point during the in-between, he got seriously jaded and angry at everything.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Chuck Anstey said:
Thought I was the only one that noticed that. I think the movie was true to the character. We have to realize that at the time of the movie it had been a few years since the series. That is a long time more for the Alliance to stick it to Mal, and crew. Someone that has been pushed relentlessly by them....to darn near his breaking point. All the better for the final act of the film.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
Chuck Anstey said:
I don't see it as a continuity error - he always had that edge, he just had a more comic side as well. I figure that during the end of the series and the movie events happened to harden him - Inara leaving being a big one, but 'Shepherd' as well. Probably got harder to find work, etc. Now, if he was a total goof in the series (more like Castle) then it'd be an error.
Hoping that between this and the success of Avengers that it will spark interest in either a reunion movie, or at least one set in the same universe!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks