What's new

Fantasy Football (Non HTF leagues) (1 Viewer)

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Garcia is doing the same thing as Warner, stinking up the joint. Granted he was sick this week but he's been a big disappointment. He was my first round pick in one league but I also took Brady late in the draft. I started Brady this week and put Garcia on the bench where he'll stay until he starts putting up some numbers.

Warner just looked terrible last night. I don't think he threw a tight spiral the whole game. All of his passes were ugly. It seems to me that he might be hiding an injury.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Man, I'm glad I got the last pick in the draft. If I had gotten one of the first three, I'd probably be floundering with Faulk, Warner or Garcia right now. Instead, I'm walking on sunshine with Donovan F. McNabb and Thomas Brady.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
What does everybody think of this trade:

I get:
-Edgerrin James

I give up:
-Keyshawn Johnson (who I'm not using and I'm too deep at WR anyway)
-Shaun Alexander

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Edge is on a bye this week. Can you cover for him?
Alexander gets to face the Vikings. KJ gets to face the Bungles. If they're ever going to turn it around, it should start this weekend.

Is there any chance you can get the same trade next week? If so, would you take it? As it is, I think Edge vs. Alexander is fairly even. Throwing in KJ is giving up too much.

Brad

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Andrew, if I remember correctly, you play in a league where touchdowns are huge. Therefore, you wouldn't be giving up much with Keyshawn. Edge hasn't scored, but it's a matter of time. The Colts schedule is MUCH easier than the Seabags the rest of the way. I would do this trade in a pure scoring league. In a performance league, it would be tough to pull the trigger on this one. I agree with Brad. If you can get the trade after week 4, go with it. If not, hold off one week as both players should post decent stats this weekend.

I have Alexander in one league and the Edge in another. Alexander in my performance league, Edge in my scoring one. God I wish they were flip-flopped!

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
I can cover for Edge this week easily, with Ahman Green and Charlie Garner onboard. Now it's just a matter of the other guy accepting the trade.

Brandon_S

Second Unit
What is up with Jeff Garcia so far this year? The past two seasons he has had amazing stats but so far this year, virtually nothing. Luckily I got Tom Brady as (at the time) my backup QB. Needless to say Brady has found his way into my starting QB position over Garcia. Now I just need to find a solid, consistent RB and the league is mine! :D

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Don't give up on Garcia just yet. They play in a division with the Rams and Seahawks and Cardinals. None of those teams have impressed yet and all seem to field porous defenses. Garcia is a historically slow starter. Last year after three games he only had 1 game in which he had more than 141yds passing. He only had three TD's passing after three weeks also.

Ended up with 3500+yds and 37 total touchdowns as we all know.

Brandon_S

Second Unit
Evan,

Yeah I hope he comes through. I am lucky that I got Brady as my second QB pick. I think most people in my league assumed he was a one hit wonder. Glad I took him. The Niners are my favorite team, so I hope Garcia does come around soon. They have a bye week this week so hopefully he can fully recover from the flu and be ready two Sundays from now.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
OK, I am not going to trade Thomas, but I am going to offer Fred Taylor and either Bubba Franks/Jerry Rice/Donald Driver for either Brady/Bledsoe/. Hopefully Portis will be starting soon (he is their best back) and I will be really stacked at RB.

-Dean-

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Dean, I wish I played in your league. I have Bledsoe and am not getting many good offers. I also have Brooks so Bledsoe never sees my starting lineup (well, rarely...I did start him when they played the Vikings;) ).
I have 4 "good" backs in Thomas Jones, Alexander, McAllister and Pittman. I had a deal in place where I would give up Bledsoe and Alexander for Holmes and NO defense. I backed away thinking I was giving up too much. Man I wish I had done that deal now. Of course that was before Holmes torched the NE def. Instead the Holmes owner traded him to another team prior to Sunday with Tim Brown for Tom Brady and Charlie Garner:angry: . I would love to get a player of Taylor's caliber for Bledsoe, even with the injury risk.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Got this trade offer in my non-HTF league:

Michael Vick for Kordell Stewart.

Kordell is my back-up to Kurt Warner. The person proposing the trade has two QBs on bye in week 4 & is desperate for a swap.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Vick has a bigger upside than Stewart, since he runs more than Kordell. However, he will be very inconsistent passing (as is Stewart). It's probably worth the gamble, though.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Would you guys do this trade? Performance league...2pts for each catch, 1 pt for every 5 yards rushing, 1pt for every 10 yards receiving.
I would give up Shaun Alexander and Thomas Jones and get Curtis Martin, Jerry Rice and New England Defense.
My other RB's are Deuce McAllister and Michael Pittman. My other WR's are David Boston, Derrick Mason, James Thrash and Quincy Morgan.
My defenses are Carolina and Atlanta:angry: Now you can see why I am considering this trade. I should probably do it, no? You have to start 2 RB, 2 WR and one WR/RB combo player each week. If Martin rebounds, it would be a steal for me, if he doesn't, I would be thin at RB. What do you think?

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Evan, I'm not too hot on that trade, simply because I don't think Martin will rebound because the Jets have looked so horrible early on, and I don't see Pittman as a viable starting back, certainly not on the level of a Thomas or Alexander if he gets his act together.

Just to update, it looks like my trade for Edge is going through.

Another trade to run by you:
I give up:
-Charlie Garner
-A WR(possibly Curtis Conway)

I get:
-Deuce McAllister

There are plenty of good WR's still available to pick up in my league, so I could easily replace Conway with someone like Donte Stallworth, Donald Driver, etc.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
One more question:
Out of Curtis Conway (vs. Pats), Eric Moulds (vs. Bears) and Tim Brown (vs. Titans), I have to sit one. Right now I'm leaning toward Conway, since the Pats' secondary hasn't been too kind to opposing receivers of late. Opinions?

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
1) definately sit Conway. The Bills love to pass and you can't sit Moulds. Brown is going against a Tennessee defense with more holes than your favorite concert shirt from 1984. They are especially weak in the secondary. Tennessee has given up 8 touchdowns through the air in three weeks, second worst in football (behind only Kansas City). They have also given up 778 passing yards in three games, ranking 25th out of 32 teams. Start Brown. New England is 8th in yards allowed via the air and has only given up 5 scores through the air.

I had Garner last year and view his hot start as a little fluky. Bill Callihan seems to want to use him more than last year, with Wheatley's role reduced, so it's conceivable that he can still maintain this pace (although unlikely) and has always been an injury risk. McAllister is the only option on a very good team in a rather weak division (although Atlanta and Tampa both appear improved). That's a tough call. I love McAllister though and would probably do it if it was me.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
I kinda have a bad feeling about letting go of Shaun Alexander because he's my stud running back in NFL2K3, but I think Edge will do just fine for me anyway.;)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
A deal for Bledsoe is in the works for me. I'll post it when it goes through. And no, I am not going to lose Anthony Thomas. :emoji_thumbsup:
-Dean-

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks