What's new

Entourage Season 6 (1 Viewer)

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Agreed. Best ep of the season. Writing credits were solely to Doug Ellin. I guess he knows what makes his characters tick.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
This week's episode was ok, but overall this show has really lost that spark that used to make it great. Ari has been a shadow of his former self this season and since he has always been the show's biggest asset(along with Drama) that's a big reason for the drop in quality IMHO. It's really just not very funny this season and that's a shame because it used to be one of my favorite shows on TV.

rikichoshu

Auditioning
Real Name
Rick
I've really enjoyed this season and i'm sad it'll be over already after this Sunday. I've personally dubbed this season Entourage: All Grown Up. It's nice to see progression in the characters and their relationships

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I liked this episode too. Ari's stuff was really good and I like seeing Lloyd become an agent. Eventhough a good chunk of the show wasn't all that great this year, I think they managed to bring it together a little bit at the end.

I don't know if it'll happen but they seem to be in a good place to wrap the series up next season. They could have Eric get married, Turtle get back together with Jamie (assuming their real life relationship is still going), Drama get to be a lead on a series and Vince keep on making movies and banging chicks.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
any1 know who: june florence ellin was? seems like som1 related to Entourage producer Doug Ellin i assume... but all the searches on google turned out to be bad virus-ridden pages, so don't visit those =(.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Charlie Campisi

Agreed. Best ep of the season. Writing credits were solely to Doug Ellin. I guess he knows what makes his characters tick.
He also played the "texting' Director.

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Originally Posted by TravisR

I don't know if it'll happen but they seem to be in a good place to wrap the series up next season.
I actually think they could end it right now. Ari came to terms with his past and made well with his nemesis. Eric is getting married. Vince has settled into his acting career. Drama finally got a development deal to be the lead in something. And Turtle found and lost love while growing up. That would be an excellent series finale. Kaput.

darshan

Auditioning
Real Name
darshan yewalekar
Even i thought that in the begning but this can be a complete new begning to entourage....cause now it will be fun to see the connection between the queen's friends ....how they can survive the heat of their own life...thats what i think and infact this is one the most rated show in the world so even producers will not want to stop their money mashine

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
New fan. I am shocked by how much I love this show. I decided to give it a chance out of desperation: I feel like I've watched every TV series that looked remotely interesting to me (not a great many.) A half-hour light series like this is definitely well outside my normal fare (I prefer darker or edgier stuff.)

I am pleasantly surprised by how much of the show revolves around the process of film making. I know we're dealing with a young movie star here, but I do not take for granted that film has to be as central to the story as it is here (Californication features a writer, and that one spends far less time dealing with writing than these guys do with film making). I am even more surprised to be... pleasantly surprised: Usually I don't care for films or series about Hollywood. This may be the first I've seen where I am actually interested in the inner workings of the industry. Perhaps it is because this one series about Hollywood has dispensed of the cynicism that is de rigueur with this material.

Overall, it is perhaps the optimism and goodwill pervading this series that I enjoy the most.

Speaking of that, reading back at some of the older threads, I noticed a curious phenomenon, where people complained that the series was replete with Hollywood cliches, while simultaneously craving some deep rift between the characters, or some spectacular fall from grace or similar development exposing the "dark underbelly of Hollywood." THAT would have been the cliche, and the most refreshing aspect of the series is that it eschews that sort of deeply stale story arc.

Another poster mentioned that the series was geared toward people who were familiar with that world, and I have to strongly agree. I am not sure I would enjoy this series as much as I do if my love for film had not exposed me to the working of that industry and to its characters. We here know what it means to have your indie flick screened at Sundance, or to turn a guy like Harvey Weinstein down. Others can gather all that from watching the show, but not the same way we do, not even close. So yeah, the whole series is something of an inside joke, and I am glad I am one of those who get it. The niche audience is what makes this series premium cable material.

Anyway, big fan. I do think this last season was a bit of a step down. But I did greatly enjoy seeing a less arrogant Vince, significantly humbled by his recent failures. My favorite season is the second one (the drive to make Aquaman was epic), and he was driving me NUTS there.

--
H

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Yes, the second season was by far the high point in the show's history and unfortunately it's never reached that level again. It has been good in spots since, but then came season 6 which was almost unwatchable IMHO. I don't know if they're going to do a 7th season, but if they do I hope they come up with something better than they put out there last year. I don't think I can sit through another season that bad again.

Don_Limey

Stunt Coordinator
I thought season 6 is the worst season of this show and one of the main reason's they are ending this show next year.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Just watched this season on disc and this thread popped up -- holy crap, I had no idea that Jerry Ferrara and Jamie-Lynn Sigler were an item in real life! (When I googled it to check, I saw all the articles from last December about their breakup.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks