What's new

DVD Decision 2006? (1 Viewer)

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Does anyone know when the winners of the Warner/ Amazon DVD Decsion for 2006 will be announced?

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
happy to see that There Was A Crooked Man will be one of the first releases- and I love the use of the vintage art and font styles for the jacket! (must be Bob Peak art, no? edit: on second thought, it's probably Amsel ). Defintely stands out in a see of three big head covers.

Richard M S

Screenwriter
Whenever Warners has one of these contests, the winners always make me realize how out of synch I am in comparison with everyone else.

Simon Howson

Screenwriter
Yay! I'm happy The Arrangment is going to be released. I have a VHS copy that actually retains the anamorphic squeeze on some shots to fit all the actors in!

Now I hope Bhowani Junction makes the cut...

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
The following are now up on Amazon, with cover art, for pre-order:

Best Foot Forward - Dec 19
Angels in the Outfield (Amazon Exclusive) - Dec 19
Presenting Lily Mars (Amazon Exclusive) - Dec 19
Band of Angels - Jan 30
Up Periscope - Dec 19
Operation Crossbow - Dec 19
The Illustrated Man - Dec 19
Looker - Jan 30
Madame Curie - Jan 30
Gymkata - Jan 30
The Arrangement - Jan 30

Corey

Screenwriter
presenting lily mars and best foot forward will my christmas presents for myself. also glad that madame curie will make it.

Vincent-P

Second Unit
Well, I have to say I'm quite disappointed. I was really hoping for "The Hand," "Get To Know Your Rabbit," and "You're A Big Boy Now." Stone, DePalma, and Coppola are some of my favorite directors and I've really been wanting to see these early features from them.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
guess this means Crooked Man won't be one of the first titles out. bummer.

interesting that Looker is finally going to see a release after so many chats with people asking about it and the refrain always indicating it wasn't even on the consideration list. Love Albert Finny and Coburn, so I'll definitely be picking it up

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
If you look at the Amazon site....All titles up are there and I think they must be in descending order of votes

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Mesh
Angels in the Outfield is now listed for January 30. There Was a Crooked Man... is now gone, but cover artwork is still there. Means they are still finalizing everything...

Simon Howson

Screenwriter
Get To Know Your Rabbit is one of the only De Palma films I haven't seen.

But also, I was really hoping that Bhowani Junction and Cimarron made the release list. I hope they were popular enough so that Warner Bros. release them in the medium term, but I doubt they will disclose exactly how many votes each film received.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks