What's new

Dog Soldiers on Blu Tuesday May 5th! (1 Viewer)

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I am sure I am not alone in being a fan of Dog Soldiers - the fun, british werewolf flick - but I had no clue it was coming to Blu-Ray on Tuesday, May 5th - and it's only $12.99 on amazon pre-order.

If you haven't seen it and like horror - I recommend checking it out - good stuff from The Decent director Neil Marshall.

Tom M

Stunt Coordinator
I've never seen this one but always wanted too. I had no idea about the street date as I bought it this past Thursday for $20 (regular price not sale!)

I was going to watch it that night but something came up and now it has to wait untill next weekend. Looking forward to it though!

Robert George

Screenwriter
Don't get too excited.

The previous DVD was pretty bad (quality). The Blu-ray looks to be from the same or a similar element. It looks better than the DVD, but nothing like even an average Blu-ray transfer.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks

Well, if you don't, you're missing out. This is a low budget film and I bet it's the last time it'll be on BD and I'm sure double dipping.

Robert George

Screenwriter
I sat down and watched the whole movie yesterday. I've seen DVDs that look better. This looks literally like they took the DVD master and put it on a Blu-ray disc. Nothing about this is HD.

Robert George

Screenwriter

Pioneer Elite PRO-FPJ1 1080p LCoS front projection (calibrated) on 106" Dalite screen. I also have a 65" Mitsubishi Diamond DLP (also calibrated) in the same room.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks

Well, I have an ISFed Mit 65711 CRT RPTV and if it looks crappy on yours, it'll look the same on mine.

Thanks for the heads up!!!

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
I figured this would wind up looking crappy. :frowning: For $12.99, I guess I won't get too worked up about it seeing as my pre-order has already entered the 'shipping' stage.

troy evans

Screenwriter
Ouch! That hurt. Quality wise this must be on par with "Universal Soldier: the Return" Blu-ray. Well, I have the old Artisan/City Heat release of the sd dvd and that was never, by any means, a great transfer. I'm sure the blu will be at least slightly better than that and at $12.99 it's not too unreasonable for the upgrade.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Are all the original extras ported over?

It was a damn shame this didn't get a proper theatrical release in the U.S. It finally ended up being passed off as a SciFi channel "original", even though it's miles above their usual monster movie crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks